Not happy with my new SONY NX713 TV - any advice please!!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi. I bought a SONY NX713 last Friday but have only just had time to set it up and feed my SKY HD, PS3 and Blu Ray player into it. I have to say I am extremely disappointed with my first impressions!! I plugged in my SKY HD and started to watch the football last night. I had been watching it previously on my SONY 40W4000, and never had any problems, the picture was superb. When watching it last night on the new TV, I noticed horizontal lines that could be seen behind the grass when watching the football, it was getting extremely annoying as I was used to a clear picture on a 50hz set, why this on a 100hz?

Next on to my PS3, the first thing I noticed was how slow the XMB bar was responding!! As if there was a second or slow delay/lag? The same with FIFA, it was slower, with a little judder, not what you expect from a £1500 TV in my opinion. Blu Ray was similar to SKY HD, a few ghostly lines can be seen in the light and dark sequences.

Does anybody have any advice as to what I should do? I bought the TV from a local SONY Centre last Friday (29/10/2010) Where do stand in regards to my rights? I am not just returning this TV because I do not like it.

Thanks guys!!

D3CYPH3R

Aug 26, 2010
Visit site
Just pop in or give them a ring, I can't see them having much of an issue with you returning the set if you don't think it's up to scratch.

A

Anonymous

That is what I am going to do. The only thing that bothers me is if they ask for it to be sent off to go for tests or something like that, it leaves me without a TV!!

Hey, if sonycentre is reading this, is there any chance you could give me some advice please, I know you work in one of there shops. Thanks!

tvspecv

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
the older sony in your bio is a cracking set picture quality is as good as the new sets that are coming from sony.

they might charge you a certain percentage of the price as it has been opened but you have 14 days where if you`re not happy you can return the product

D

Deleted member 2457

Dude, i tried to tell you to buy the HX one, they might let you swap for the other one if you are still after a tv if not they might give a refund, have you any terms and conditions on your receipt? and what do they say?.

A

Anonymous

Gel, I have now taken your advice!! I phoned the Sony centre and spoke to the guy who sold me the TV. I explained all my concerns about the TV and the fact that are ghostly white lines visible. He asked me to take pictures to prove this, I then mentioned upgrading to the HX (more money) and the 'taking pictures' was never mentioned again!! I am going to have to pay £1900 for the 46" version, but I get to keep my 3D bundle, HDMI cable and can claim back the VAT from SONY. So all in all I am paying £1625 for the 46HX803...which I am pleased about. LESSON LEARNT!!

A

Anonymous

Gel, one more thing. What dissapointed me about the NX713 was the picture using SKY HD, especially SKY sports (football) does the HX803 handle it well?

The 40W4000 was, and still is an excellent TV, I just fancied an upgrade, and would like to integrate the 3D with gaming, movies etc...!!

D

Deleted member 2457

emotion-21.gif
marsonNUFC:

Gel, one more thing. What dissapointed me about the NX713 was the picture using SKY HD, especially SKY sports (football) does the HX803 handle it well?

The 40W4000 was, and still is an excellent TV, I just fancied an upgrade, and would like to integrate the 3D with gaming, movies etc...!!

Yes it does, with it being 200hz it is too the next level and that is a really good price too
emotion-21.gif

You should be really pleased with this one, nice one
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Can't wait gel, I really should have gone for the 200hz from the start!! How do you find the 3D images on your TV?

D

Deleted member 2457

marsonNUFC:Can't wait gel, I really should have gone for the 200hz from the start!! How do you find the 3D images on your TV?

I saw the nx713 against the hx803 again today and i thought
emotion-41.gif
on the nx713, 200hz is a "big" difference.
emotion-21.gif

I demo it on the 40 inch in sony shop and thought it was the best demo i had seen of 3d.

I then demo on the 46inch in john lewis and i worked great again.

You are definetely getting a very good tv no worrys
emotion-21.gif

sonycentre

May 30, 2009
Visit site
Ok i will try to find the setting's i use for my sony kdl40hx803.I think gel may of used the setting's and a few more folks on the forum have used and been happy.But yes the hx803 series is a stunning tv.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the settings, I look forward to using them on Friday!! I am still using the NX713 but I know the HX803 will be the better option, especially as I will be watching mostly football and playing games. The NX713 doesn't seem to handle fast moving pictures well, which is weird as it is a 100hx model as apposed to my 40W400 which was a 50hz?

D

Deleted member 2457

Hi MarsonNUFC

How are you getting on with the tv?

A

Anonymous

I am setting it up as we speak!! I collected it yesterday afternoon but had something to do last night, so this morning it is. I'll give some feedback a bit later on, hopefully this one will exceed expectations???

Thanks for the settings by the way, I will have a look at them.

D

Deleted member 2457

marsonNUFC:

I am setting it up as we speak!! I collected it yesterday afternoon but had something to do last night, so this morning it is. I'll give some feedback a bit later on, hopefully this one will exceed expectations???

Thanks for the settings by the way, I will have a look at them.

I am just on normal factory standard settings at the moment and i have to say i am delighted with them. I have tried a few things with them but i tend not to like to change if i am happy. At a later date i might change to a few of them though.

A

Anonymous

I am extremely happy GEL!! I cannot begin to describe how much better the TV is. The picture, sound, 3D, the list is endless. I personally can't believe that the NX713 has gone back up to £1900 now, that is what I have paid for this model, with the 3D bundle pack and also the claim form for the VAT back from SONY. I should get £272.85 back once I send the form off. That means I have paid in total £1618 for a 46" model with the whole bundle.
emotion-4.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

marsonNUFC:I am extremely happy GEL!! I cannot begin to describe how much better the TV is. The picture, sound, 3D, the list is endless. I personally can't believe that the NX713 has gone back up to £1900 now, that is what I have paid for this model, with the 3D bundle pack and also the claim form for the VAT back from SONY. I should get £272.85 back once I send the form off. That means I have paid in total £1618 for a 46" model with the whole bundle.
emotion-4.gif

Nice one mate
emotion-21.gif
we done good didn't we
emotion-2.gif
emotion-21.gif

D

Deleted member 2457

marsonNUFC:I am extremely happy GEL!! I cannot begin to describe how much better the TV is. The picture, sound, 3D, the list is endless. I personally can't believe that the NX713 has gone back up to £1900 now, that is what I have paid for this model, with the 3D bundle pack and also the claim form for the VAT back from SONY. I should get £272.85 back once I send the form off. That means I have paid in total £1618 for a 46" model with the whole bundle.
emotion-4.gif

Hi Marson

I don't suppose you have compared the sony blu ray player against the pioneer 71 blu ray player? That was something i was curious to do but did not get the opportunity, so if you could let me know what you think in there two performances on the sony tv that would be great.

Cheers
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

I have used the blu ray player, and have to say the picture is excellent!! In comparison to the LX71, there isn't a lot of difference in my opinion!! So little in fact, I am thinking of selling the Pioneer and putting the money aside for a new speaker system. I want the B&W MT25 (or30, depending on budget!!)

I have been using my PS3 for 3D gaming and the odd movie - not bad at all, not as good as the dedicated blu ray player, but a good effort considering it is prmarily a games console!!

D

Deleted member 2457

marsonNUFC:

I have used the blu ray player, and have to say the picture is excellent!! In comparison to the LX71, there isn't a lot of difference in my opinion!! So little in fact, I am thinking of selling the Pioneer and putting the money aside for a new speaker system. I want the B&W MT25 (or30, depending on budget!!)

I have been using my PS3 for 3D gaming and the odd movie - not bad at all, not as good as the dedicated blu ray player, but a good effort considering it is prmarily a games console!!

Thanks for that
emotion-21.gif
i always wondered how close they would be.

Excellent speaker package, i used to have the B&W MT30 and really liked them, they work great with pioneers too, i had them with the pioneer vsx-lx70 amp but these days i have seen them recommended with the pioneer vsx-lx52 and now you have the 53 which could possibly suit you more so the 3d works right.

Cheers
emotion-21.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi, my wife has just bought 1 of these nx713 before I read this page, I'm looking for a guide for setting it up as I'm not happy with the settings out the box and don't know where to begin with the settings. I wanted to check out the settings on the above link to use as a rough guide as I know its a different tv but the link comes back as page not found.

any guide or setup help for the 713 would be greatly appreciated.

thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts