Not all bargains are simply what they seem

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Just a friendly warning to be careful when seeking out audio bargains. Some bargains are too good to be true. We have been informed of some worrying activities. The lesson seems to be this if you want good service and warranty support them make your purchase through an authorised reseller and not just from the website with simply the best price. May sound like commonsense but there are plenty of upset customers who have not adopted this approach.

A

Anonymous

We don't think we are allowed to simply give specific examples, as that might violate some rules. What I hope we are allowed to post is that if customers want Audioengine products in the UK then take a look at www.audioengine.org.uk as there is a list of authorised sellers listed there.

noogle

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
If someone can grey-market a product into the UK, isn't that because it's available at a lower price somewhere abroad?

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Ecodigital said:
We don't think we are allowed to simply give specific examples, as that might violate some rules. What I hope we are allowed to post is that if customers want Audioengine products in the UK then take a look at www.audioengine.org.uk as there is a list of authorised sellers listed there.

I do not understand the violation here if you have an example which enlightens the customer how he might be taken an advantage (may be with out the names).

I am sorry to say this, but The rest of your reply looks to me like self promotion than anything else.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
WishTree said:
I am sorry to say this, but The rest of your reply looks to me like self promotion than anything else.

Jury still out, but watching closely: had this been in response to a complaint from a customer posting on here, would have no problem; but as Ecodigital started the thread – hmmm...

roger06

Dec 23, 2007
Visit site
Ecodigital said:
if you want good service and warranty support them make your purchase through an authorised reseller and not just from the website with simply the best price...

Yet we hear time and time again of people buying through 'reputable' nationwide high street chains and get nothing but weeks or months of hassle trying to get redress over faulty products.

A

Anonymous

OK. This is what prompted the post in the first place (without naming names). Came to our attention that customer had wanted to buy product and placed orders with a company. Then they did not get supplied the goods. Eventually getting a refund after a lot of hassle and time. Unfortunately the more we investigated it seemed this was not an isolated incident, so thought the audio community would want to be on their guard.

Be nice if this thread could remain but understand if it has to be removed. Certainly not seeking publicity. This principle would apply for any brand that gets targetted by this kind of situation.

Sorry for any offence caused to forum members.

noogle

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
I think the clue is in the word "Simply" in the title. A quick Google shopping search shows Audioengine A5s significantly cheaper from a particular online vendor.

If I were Ecodigital I'd spend more time lobbying Audioengine about their pricing and distribution strategy than posting on WHFS&V forums.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
Ecodigital said:
OK. This is what prompted the post in the first place (without naming names). Came to our attention that customer had wanted to buy product and placed orders with a company. Then they did not get supplied the goods. Eventually getting a refund after a lot of hassle and time. Unfortunately the more we investigated it seemed this was not an isolated incident, so thought the audio community would want to be on their guard.

Be nice if this thread could remain but understand if it has to be removed. Certainly not seeking publicity. This principle would apply for any brand that gets targetted by this kind of situation.

Sorry for any offence caused to forum members.

I knew a "guy" once did some "stuff" was very "dodgey" but I cant tell you about it.

This is an utterly drivel post and the only reason for its existance is self promotion of your own wares.

A

Anonymous

Is it not time this thread was removed?

This pathetic advert is spoiling the hot deals forum.

The attempts to justify it are cringeworthy, patronising, and an insult to my intelligence.

Please act on your insticts and zap it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts