No True HD Master Audio etc

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, I have just received my Yamaha DSP 863SE. I have set it up as best I can, but no matter what I do I cant get it to run the HD audio formats. Im sure that when its doing this that the corresponding sound system should be displayed on the front panel. It doesnt, no matter what I do and change I cant get it to do it.

I have a 5.1 setup (centre,front left and right, rear left and right and sub).

Can anyone help, Im getting very frustrated as this is the reason I bought it to run along with my Sony HD TV and BluRay player.

Thanks,

Ben

Sorreltiger

Apr 22, 2008
Visit site
It's much more likely that the problem lies in your blu-ray player set-up. ÿIf that's correct, the Yamaha will automatically detect the HD sound input. ÿIs your player set to 'Direct'? ÿIt's very common for this not to be the case.

A

Anonymous

Just tried it and that was the reason, your the man! Thanks very much, saved me throwing it out the window.

Ben

A

Anonymous

out of interest what settings have you found best on the 863 when playing back music??. Im tending not to use the 'pure direct' when playing back music.

Just wondered if you had played about with this yet.

A

Anonymous

I suspect your problem may be with the blu ray player not the avr.

I discovered that my pana bd35 only alllowed my denon 2309 to output true HD when I hit the right buttons on the pana remote which made the pana recognise the audio format.

Something similar may be happening with your system.

DENON 2309/ PANA 35 BD/ B AND W 685 HOME THEATRE/ SSTYLE Z 2'S/ QED SILVER A / SKY HD/ TEAC 300 DAB/ PANA 37 X80

TRENDING THREADS