No sound to rear speakers when using DOLBY TRUEHD Bluray from SONY player and ONKYO amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
:quest: I have a SONY BDP-S760 Bluray player feeding through to a ONKYO TX-NR809 amp. When the player is outputting the disc in DOLBY TRUEHD the ONKYO shows the output is in DOLBY TRUEHD on the display, but there is no sound from the rear speakers at all. The speakers work fine with PL11X, etc, but just nothing with DOLBY TRUEHD. I'm a bit new at this game, so am obviously missing a setting in the ONKYO somewhere, but I've looked through the, none to helpful manual, and can't find it. All help appreciated.

smiley-cry.gif
smiley-cry.gif
smiley-cry.gif

d4v3pum4

Nov 15, 2008
Visit site
Have you got the speakers connected to the surround L and surround R channels? It might sound like a stupid question but sometimes people have been known to connect their speakers up to the wrong rear channels i.e. surround back (7.1).

Do you get sound when you run a speaker test?

PS. Don't use such long titles. As soon as someone replies, it comes up as too long!!

A

Anonymous

Sorry about the title. First timer. The speakers work fine when I use the test channels and work in all the other modes fine. Just don't work when DOLBY TRUEHD is output from the Bluray.

A

Anonymous

Oops. How embarassing. You are absolutely right d4v3pum4. I am a total pillock and had indeed connected the cables to the wrong rears. I apologise for being a thick git. Thanks for putting me on the right track.
smiley-foot-in-mouth.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts