No review of Onkyo TX-SR576?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I'm rather surprised there have been no reviews of the 576 here yet- both the 506 and 606 either side of it have been covered, but not the 'in between' model. I have one of these and would like to know if it's as highly rated as others in the Onkyo range.

Any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

Well come on then! Pull your finger out!! Only joking ;0)

Sorry, I had the idea that you'd got to test the entire range. I think the 576 is an important one particularly for PS3 owners and HD fans on a budget.

Look forward to the review.

Simon Lucas

Jun 5, 2007
Visit site
lucasisking: I have one of these and would like to know if it's as highly rated as others in the Onkyo range.

What do you think of the '576? Our review appears in the October issue, which goes on sale August 24th.

Excellent name, by the way.

A

Anonymous

Cheers!

I have little experience with av recievers. My previous one was a Pioneer VSX1016, which I bought second hand and turned out to be faulty! Performance wise, I think the Onkyo (which is less powerful and further down its respective range) beats the Pioneer comfortably. The PCM track on Ratatouille for example, is jawdropping through the 576. Again though, my experience of HD audio is limited and my ability to discern the difference won't be as finely tuned as you guys.

Surprisingly, I'm pretty impressed with the 576's musical performance. It is a beautiful listen (WMA tracks stored on the ps3) when coupled with my Q1010is.

Basically, the 576 is perfectly suited to my PS3/ 1010i set up. I'm amazed at what it can do for the price (LPCM via HDMI!) and think anyone with a similar set up to me should seriously consider it (notwithstanding the new budget Sony of course!).

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts