No digital optical connection ?

colint

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi

I think I've made a schoolboy error buying a soundbar. I have a Panasonic TXP46G20BA TV and bought the LG NB3520A soundbar. I can't get it to work with the TV, it connects with a digital oprical cable. From what I can see there is only one on the TV and that's marked up as AV3 with a headphone symbol. I've connected the cable to this but there's no sound. It's definitely not the unit as I've played music via the USB with a memory stick.

Do I have not have the correct connection on the TV or am I missing something obvious ?

Thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Bit confused by this - looking at the manual for your TV, I think the port you're referring to above is the headphone socket - is it on the side of the TV just above the AV3 inputs (which are marked V, L and R)?

The digital optical output on your TV (again, according to the manual for your TV) is at the bottom right of the back - on the far left of all the connections i.e. the opposite side to your HDMI ports, it's marked as Digital Audio Out (above the PC connection).

colint

Aug 4, 2007
Visit site
Thanks prof, the cables had an additional pin attached to them so the tv end wouldn't connect to that connection. Noticed now that it pulls off so now fits.

Really helpful, thanks a lot

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
No worries!

Yes, that additional pin is for some devices which have what's known as a mini-toslink output connection, which just so happens to be exactly the same size as the headphone socket!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts