No ARC on Panasonic TX-P50GT30 & Onkyo 609

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
No matter what I try, I cannot get this to work even though the TV and AVR both support ARC.

Got high speed HDMI through HDMI 2 on the TV to the output HDMI on the amp played around with every setting I can think of but nothing seems to work. I once got about 5-10 seconds worth of audio but thats it!

Everything else is working fine but just no sound from the screens internal tuners.

Anyone have any ideas?

dtugarte

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't know if this will sort it but on my Sony tv only HDMI 1 supports ARC also on the avr check that under HDMI setup HDMI control is turned on and ARC is set to auto (or on my Onkyo avr only has off or auto) and HDMI control and any ARC settings are set to on or auto etc on the tv. One last thing on my avr I can select ARC on the input selector try that?

Ericthefish

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Thanks dtugarte for the suggestions. I'm using the right HDMI input on my TV (Samsung C8000), it's labelled 'ARC' and noted in the manual . I also have all the right settings on my Onkyo, as you describe, but alas no luck. Bit frustrating!

Any other ideas welcome.

A

Anonymous

Hi,

dlat1982 said:
No matter what I try, I cannot get this to work even though the TV and AVR both support ARC.

Has anyone got ARC working with the Panasonic TX-P50GT30 & Onkyo 609?

Thanks,

Neil

A

Anonymous

I've found this on another web site and it works!! "ive mentioned this on another post but wondered if anyone has this same issue with the TX-P50GT30B. the only way I can get audio return to work (i.e. sound to pass back to my amp ONKYO TX-NR609) is to navigate through the tv menu to "SETUP" then "NETWORK SETUP" then "SOFTWARE UPDATE". if i then allow it to look for new software, it obviously responds saying that it has the latest software. when i come out of this menu the sound is then working. this works everytime and is the only way to get arc working. unless i do this the amp does not select hdmi and i don't get sound. this only needs to be done once at power up and the link up is perfect until a power reset. the hdmi cec seems to always work perfectly so its only the arc that has the issue. ive tried everything replacing cables, latest firmware etc. ive also emailed panasonic on several occasions but don't get a response. i am thinking that the tv must send some sort of reset command to the amp that only occurs after a search for new software has been performed. anyone else had this issue?"

A bit Heath Robinson, but it worked for me. :grin:

Thanks, Neil

A

Anonymous

No idea if this will help you but on my G30 and Yamaha 671 the answer with the arc issue was solved in the viera link meny on the tv. Don´t rembember exactly what i changed but something with multi channel sound and hdmi control.

Good luck!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts