no aerial in my bedroom to get freeview from my toshiba lcd.

gooner26

Sep 9, 2007
Visit site
i'll be moving house pretty soon and i'm currently enjoying the luxury of having an aerial socket in my bedroom as all i have to do is plug my QED qunex cable from my tv to the aerial socket in the wall to access the freeview, but i will not have any wall socket in the new house so could anybody tell me if theres a way to still watch freeview from my tv? thank you

Cofnchtr

Oct 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi,

Get an aerial socket installed?*

Run a feed from the main aerial to your new room?*

Become a lodger to the new owners of your old house?*

*Delete as appropriate.

Cheers,

Cofnchtr.

fatboyslimfast

Jan 10, 2008
Visit site
...but only if you are in a strong signal aerial. My brother tried one to no avail, and I had to resort to installing a loft ariel for him and running the cable down from the ceiling.

Cliff1

Nov 2, 2008
Visit site
I have a tv,about to give up the ghost,in a dining room.It's connected to an old indoor aerial,about £9.00,20 years ago,via a freeview box & the picture is great ,brings in all the stations.I bought a new supposedly super dooper digital indoor type & it didn't bring anything in.

Strange thing is to see the aerial on the roof on a long mast fitted with an amplifier needed to bring in the signal in the main room.It's a good picture but the little indoor without amplification is almost as good,weird.

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
google "wolfbane" - you can plug in your postcode and it will let you know if you can get away with an indoor aerial (although make sure it's returnable, just in case). you'll probably need a loft aerial at worst.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts