No 3D pass through?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Read the other day in another publication that most current amps will not be able to pass the new 3D picture, so this means if you want to get involved in the new 3D tech you need a new tv a new blu-ray player and a new amp! Ive not finnished getting my current setup to a point id consider finished and its old hat.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
whats the situation with the ps3 and the sky hd box as both these are suposed to be geting firmware updates for 3d content and as these are boath 1.3. will you be able to pass the 3d picture using these.i dont see why not.if so this could be the way to go at least to start with as all you would need is the new tv(just a tv he says)its still not very clear whats hapening.

kinda

May 21, 2008
Visit site
Hello. There was another recent post related to this, and the upshot was that the 3D players were being made with 2 outputs - one to the display and one for the amp, so that no amp change was necessary.

Or for a player without two outputs an HDMI splitter was an option.

A

Anonymous

The only known forthcoming 3D BD player announced at the moment with dual HDMI out's I believe is a Panasonic. The other newbies apparently still only have the one output.

In which case, in theory, an HDMI 1.4 splitter should do the trick - one feed to the display, and one to the AVR for audio.

Regarding the PS3 -we'll have to see if Sony's claims of delivering 1080p images to each eye over the 1.3 spec come to fruition or not.

neilshep

Jul 11, 2008
Visit site
It's my understanding that the Sky HD box and the PS3 will be able to handle a "3D Ready" rather than "Full 3D" experience. "3D ready" being 720p to each eye and "Full 3D" being 1080p to each eye. Seems to make sense

A

Anonymous

The PS3 is reported to be able to send full HD (1080p) 3D feeds according to the specs laid down by the Blu-Ray disc association, over it's current 1.3 output.

Sky obviously will max out at 720p/1080i like it does now. It's funny, the more I read about it, the more I'm getting tempted by the idea....must.....resist....!

TRENDING THREADS