Nintendo Wii U £200

• Thread starter Deleted member 2457
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 2457

Here

http://www.play.com/stores/ShopTo/listing/865174495

Has anyone used a Wii U, is it any good?

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
gel said:
Here

http://www.play.com/stores/ShopTo/listing/865174495

Has anyone used a Wii U, is it any good?

Yep I've used one and won't bother again. I haven't liked a Nintendo console since the Gamecube in all honesty though and the original Wii I found cumbersome and overrated, the Wii U is better than the original but it's clear Nintendo are quickly being left behind in console development...my main gripe is the controller with the screen in it. To use it with any game currently on the market requires you looking away from the action on the screen to use it and it just doesn't fell intuitive, the main problem though is that my phone has a better resolution, is easier to read and is far more intuitive to use.

To that end both Sony and Microsoft have a far better solution with their next gen consoles as they let you use your phone in much the same way except you can take them with you when you go out and continue playing in some way, if you have a Vita then you get full functionality on the move and can play your PS4 games wherever and whenever leaving the Wii U and it's USP redundant to anyone who owns a smartphone.

There is a complete lack of games for the Wii U too as thrid party developers are walking away from it due to a lack of up take, personally I can find only two games I would buy for it which makes it a non starter. It's not a true next gen console either as it performs to the standard of the current PS3 and Xbox consoles in terms of resolution. For me it's already outdated and that's a major issue for me.

This is sounding very negative and it is but it should be said I was a huge Nintendo fan until the Wii so it's not just bashing them as I prefer another console as a fanboy it's more to do with me having high hopes for the Wii U that have been dashed. I've pre ordered a PS4 and either that or the Xbox One are true next gen consoles, the Wii U is going to struggle to keep up I'm afraid and I wouldn't buy one which is a huge problem for the console as I'm not alone.

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
I own one and have since launch day – whilst it’s not amazing in terms of spec it is great fun

Firstly it’s made by Nintendo as a games machine and nothing more - they managed to get the machine to function with old Wii games and i believe it offers full backwards compatibility – not found a game yet that doesn’t work

Nintendo make great games - the machine does lack some killer titles but some great ones on the horizon Mario Kart / Donkey Kong / Zelda etc

A lot of the exclusives are fantastic fun, Super Mario Bros / Pikmin are great – it wasn’t a massive leap forward over PS3 and Xbox and can’t compete with the new machines in terms of power but it was never really meant to. The machine focuses on fun and it def is, It’s also cheaper that the new consoles and the games will continue to be – the prices quoted currently for the new consoles games are too high in my opinion and will need to drop quickly to keep me interested.

The machine functions very well and the controller is great if you want to play whilst the other half is catching up on the soaps – the display isn’t as detailed as it could be but in use you will never notice whilst playing the games, its bright and easy to read.

It depends how much of a gamer you are and what you want it for – Nintendo are a very innovative business and it’s the first party titles that will make this machine work, whilst some of the big companies might be focussing their attention on Sony and Microsoft new machines Nintendo will continue to put out great games. I will pick up the new machines and have the Xbox One ordered for launch – PS4 to follow. The games that are available for multiple machines I will just buy the best version of.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts