Question Newbies getting into vinyl fad

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

plastic penguin

Apr 28, 2008
I agree with @DougK. Anyone who buys vinyl when they don't have anything to play it on are numpties. When the so-called resurgence of vinyl a few years ago, these hipsters had no interest in the qualities of vinyl -- they wanted just to show off to their friends.

That said, my daughter purchased a couple of albums but she uses my table. She doesn't fall into that dreaded category.

Love what vinyl brings to the party: Natural, realistic and organic sound. There are other adjectives I could use such as pit, money and potential.

For anyone wanting to start a vinyl collection from scratch I would say don't bother.

I agree with @DougK. Anyone who buys vinyl when they don't have anything to play it on are numpties. When the so-called resurgence of vinyl a few years ago, these hipsters had no interest in the qualities of vinyl -- they wanted just to show off to their friends.

That said, my daughter purchased a couple of albums but she uses my table. She doesn't fall into that dreaded category.

Love what vinyl brings to the party: Natural, realistic and organic sound. There are other adjectives I could use such as pit, money and potential.

For anyone wanting to start a vinyl collection from scratch I would say don't bother.
.......unless your surname is Onassis :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts