Newbie with a Leak Stereo 30 Plus

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all, Newbie here so please bear with me! My Dad has this ancient Leak Stereo 30 Plus which has worked great up until a little while ago where it started to play one speaker much quieter than the other. Both can vary in volume on their own and both are still very quiet even at their maximum volume. I remember they never used to be like this. I have blasted music out pretty loud before with no problem on much lower volume settings. Does anyone know what the problem might be? Can i fix it myself with (I can solder)? Do you need me to post any pictures? Please help! Thanks so much! Jack

A

Anonymous

On the back of the amplifier near the inputs there are some gain switches, which over time stop making good contact. You can try fixing them with switch cleaner spray, or if that doesn't work you could hard wire the connections.

Another thing to try whilst you've got the amplifier apart is to remove the four circuit boards that are under the grey spring loaded clip, and clean the sockets that the circuit boards plug into. It's also worth squirting some switch cleaner into the back of the bass, treble, balance and volume potentiometers.

Make sure you unplug the amp from the mains before you start, and give the contact cleaner spray a few minutes to dry before plugging the amp back in.

A

Anonymous

Hi Jamesh, thanks for your suggestions, I will try and let you know how I get on!

Thanks again

Jack

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts