Newbie question

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi, i have couple of quires in regards to hifi rack. I had recently read an article on the web and it mention that having a proper rack actually enhance the performance of the system but it had never elaborate why it is so. How does getting a proper rack enhance the performance and most importantly the sound and what does Vibrapod and those wood board that is place under the CDP use for? Thanks for reading my post.

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
A good quality hi-fi rack will isolate components from each other, ensuring there's sufficient ventilation around them to stop them overheating and will minimise vibrations, so the error correction system in, say, a CD player has less work to do. Vibrapods perform a similar function, or you could just use some squash balls cut in half!

Speakers also benefit from being on decent stands so they're properly isolated and all the energy goes into driving the cones.

The same applies to home cinema kit too, which is why we always recommend investing in a decent rack/stands. But not all racks perform the same, as you'll see from the different star ratings in our Buying Guide. A good rack will certainly improve the sound of your system, but it's worth doing your research before you buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts