Newbie......and its time to upgrade

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi guys, first time post and I'm after a bit of advice I'm afraid.

I've had my current system for a few years now and I'm starting to get the upgrade itch. I have about a grand to spend but i'd like a pointer in the right direct as to where my hard earned will be best spent.

My current set up consists of B&W CDM 1NT's bi-wired with silver anniversary cable, Musical Fidelity A3 amp, Meridian 507 CD player, Michell Gyro deck SE and a musical fidelity X-LPS phono amp, interconnects are black rhodium.

Thats about it guys, any help you can give would be much appreciated.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
for a little more then your budget, i would recommend something a bit radical. does your cdp have an optical out? if so i would sell the amp and speakers, and buy avi adm9.1s. active speakers that contain pre amp and dac, just plug your phono amp into their phono inputs and the cdp via optical using the dac in the speakers.

my cousin has just changed his m/f a5 and wharfedale speakers after demoing various speakers in the £1k bracket, and finding the adm9.1s wiped the floor with the lot of them.

as far as i know, avi offer a weeks money back guarantee, so you could try risk free.

Kevin Stephens

Apr 16, 2009
Visit site
if I was in your position I would take advantange of Musical Fidelity's fine tuning/upgrade service to "breathe on" the A3, £400 and well worth it by all acounts, replace the black Rhodium with Chord Chorus 2 (£200 to £250), if you don't already then get good quality stands for the speakers. Anything left over spend on CDs

Good luck

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts