New U2 album

A

Anonymous

am prob one of there biggest fans,and bought 3 different formats this morn,

its a great album, but not their best! sounds a little to much like simpleminds to me!

proberly a grower in time, but normally these just jump out and demand respect straight away!

Achtung Baby gets my vote!

daveh75

Used to be a massive fan, but that's been totally tainted nowaday's by the fact that bono has become a total ass over the last decade, and will not put money in his pocket out of principal!

A

Anonymous

petesneds:

its a great album, but not their best! sounds a little to much like simpleminds to me!

proberly a grower in time, but normally these just jump out and demand respect straight away!

Umm, tape, minidisc and er...

matthewpiano

tractorboy:petesneds:

Umm, tape, minidisc and er...

DCC (Digital Compact Cassette) of course!!!! Anyone remember those?

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:Achtung Baby is my fave U2 album as well. Brilliant.

I really must be showing my age or how much my musical taste has changed. I feel War was their last truly great album. The Unforgettable Fire was O.K. but had a couple of their worst tracks ever. I only really got into The Joshua Tree a few years after it's release. I think The Fly single carry on was the start of Bono's decline. The whole we'll release it for a week just to get to number one thing - not good - they didn't need to sink that low.

Bono is still a fantastic showman on stage though he has never failed to impress when i have seen them live

kena

May 28, 2008
Visit site
The freshness of Boy for me , recall seeing them 3 times in one week Edinburgh, Glasgow & Aberdeen when they were relatively unheard off. Long before the stadium pomp and pretentiousness.

A

Anonymous

Achtung Baby is outstanding. After that they went into a serious decline.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Joshua Tree remains to me to be the best album ever created

Not yet heard their new one, but im not hopeful after everything theyve released after Achtung.........

stevee1966

Sep 21, 2007
Visit site
matthewpiano:Got this from Morrisons for £6.00 today on day of release. Think its their album of the week so cheap all week. Sounds OK so far, although sound quality is shocking as usual for U2 albums.

If you're into downloading music, Tesco have it at £3.97 this week.

manicm

Yeah, Achtung Baby was their last great album, just like the last truly serious Manic Street Preachers album was This Is My Truth, even though that album had its flaws too.

I've given up on my favourite artists regaining past glories. Take Robert Plant's Mighty Arranger - it's not bad but just makes me want to spin Now And Zen or Fate Of Nations.

A

Anonymous

As far as Hifi sound goes Zooropa is the best sounding U2 album in my opinion. Listen to the bass on Daddy's gonna pay for your crashed car....

However in musical terms this new album, No Line on the Horizon, is really great indeed. After 3 listens I'm addicted.

jules.

A

Anonymous

In order of preference:

Joshua Tree, Unforgettable Fire, Achtung Baby. Their best live album has to be "U2 go home - Live at Slane Castle"

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts