New Turntable Hum

ashleykr145

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi

I've recently upgraded to a Project Xpresssion Carbon UKX and it has a hum. I'm running it through a Roksan Kandy K2 amplifier (built in phono amp) and both sides of the interconnect are earthed. I've checked the earths aren't in contact with anything and both the amp and turntable are using solitary power sources. Additionally I've moved away other equipment. I also tried it through my old phone amp where the hum is still evident. What steps should I now try to eliminate the hum? On my old Debut III I removed the motor screws but it is not in the instructions for this TT, could this potentially be a source of the hum?

Thanks

Ashley

Mar 16, 2015
Visit site

I'm not sure if I'm the right person to help you (due to my poor knowledge of hi-fi systems and TTs) but as I was experiencing similar issues with my Pro-Ject debut carbon esprit dc would be important at first to identify if this hum is a motor hum or grounding noise.

So do you hear the hum when the TT is stopped (by just putting the amp to phono) or only when the TT motor starts spinning?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts