New Topics

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Shouldn't new topics appear at the top of forums at first?

I started on in Off topic about soundcloud and can't find it. Which means I'm sure no one will see it.?

Anyone else having trouble with the new forums. I've left feedback on the pages I have issues like login and they haven't been fixed yet. Any one else had an issue fixed that they've reported?

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
Well this one is at top thats why I saw it. Issues fixed not as far as I know, but Ive given up using this forum on the ipad too many problems, funny because I thought the new format was designed for phones and tablets?

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
Shouldn't new topics appear at the top of forums at first?

I started on in Off topic about soundcloud and can't find it. Which means I'm sure no one will see it.?

Anyone else having trouble with the new forums. I've left feedback on the pages I have issues like login and they haven't been fixed yet. Any one else had an issue fixed that they've reported?

Depends if you're using "Active" topics or "New and Updated", Active will show everything with latest first, New and Updated will only show things that have changed since you last read or posted to them, as you started the topic you're fully up to date with it, so it won't appear in New and Updated until someone else comments.

It does make some sense but I don't really see the point in having both, just Active would do the job perfectly adequately.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I think that that is one of the errors appearing with the new site. Post about it in the thread about the new site and the admins might be able to do something about it. I used to get a message saying that I had succesfully started a new topic and get taken to the top page of the website, but my thread didn't actually appear. When I mentioned it they said they changed some of my settings and my post appeared and I can now start new topics.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
BigH said:
Well this one is at top thats why I saw it. Issues fixed not as far as I know, but Ive given up using this forum on the ipad too many problems, funny because I thought the new format was designed for phones and tablets?

Yeah Ironic isn't it. When I started the new thread in Off Topic. I was taken to the home page of the site with the green box saying my new thread was started succesfully. When I started this one that green box was shown at the top of the Hi-Fi forum and yes my new thread was at the top.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
The_Lhc said:
Depends if you're using "Active" topics or "New and Updated", Active will show everything with latest first, New and Updated will only show things that have changed since you last read or posted to them, as you started the topic you're fully up to date with it, so it won't appear in New and Updated until someone else comments.

It does make some sense but I don't really see the point in having both, just Active would do the job perfectly adequately.

Surely starting a new thread in an inactive forum should make it avtive? Plus prior to starting the new thread I had just posted in the Off Topic thread for the first time. That went to the top.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Glacialpath said:
The_Lhc said:

Surely starting a new thread in an inactive forum should make it avtive? Plus prior to starting the new thread I had just posted in the Off Topic thread for the first time. That went to the top.

It's not the forum that's active, it's the threads.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Right I had a look in my profile and that thread doesn't appear. So even though the site told me it was successful I don;t think it was and has got lost in the eather.

Glacialpath

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
Right that's 2 attemps I've made to start a thread regarding Soundcloud in the Off Topic forum and the same thing happened. I did a test thread which is there but I can't get into it as it just keeps refreshing the page.

I will go to the Feedback tab and let them know. Lets see if anyone is awake at WHF.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts