New to home cinema, looking to get set up

DrPips

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Hi All,

I used to be very into hi fi, but when I got a pretty good set up, I kinda lost touch with new developments, this was around the time that home cinema got very big. I have a NAD CD player and amp (C 350) and KEF Q15 speakers.

I know nothing about home cinema, so what I'm asking is, do I really need surround sound? I watch a fair amount of TV and sport, and a few films. If so, what setup would you recommend? I want to go HD obviously, and will need a new TV and Blu-Ray player on top of the audio stuff I will need. If you wouldn't recommend going for surround sound with what I watch, what would you recommend then?

I have a budget of around £1000 - £1500 in total, whichever setup I go for. I will have Sky HD if that makes a difference.

I look forward to hearing your responses,

Dom

DrPips

May 11, 2010
Visit site
Yes it's all working. I wouldn't want to have 20 different boxes all stacked under the TV though. Wife might complain :eek: Also, the room is approx 4m x 4m if that has any relevance.

Dom

DrPips

May 11, 2010
Visit site
To be honest, I tend to use my ipod as a source rather than the CD player because I'm too lazy to change CDs all the time. So I wouldn't need my CD player.

Dom

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
To be honest if listening to music is a big part of your future set personally I would split it in two as I have done & have a decicated amp for music & another for films, blu ray etc..

I previously used to listen to music on my current denon AV amp but I always had the feeling I was missing something and it was when I get a dedicated amp for music I truly found this out, again it's only my personal preference and my AV amp Denon 3802 is an older model and many of todays AV amps might perform a bit better.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts