admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
How would you aportion your budget across a system to include screen, amp,speakers and a bluray player with a 5K budget and if you were to stretch to 10k would the experience improve by 100% as per the budget and any recomendations on equipment room size 4.5m x 5.5 many thanks

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
I think the crucial question is how big a screen do you want or, if not sure, how far away will you be sitting? This will determine the TV budget and the rest comes out of what's left.
With 10k, you could probably easily budget in a decent projector setup for a true home cinema feel, plus you would have loads more for the sound system - is it a 100% improvement? In my mind, I would say probably yes, but it really depends on how you feel about it, not me
emotion-2.gif

A

Anonymous

Due to the room design (vaulted ceiling) i have no where practical to site the projector. I would imagine we would be sitting approx 3.5 - 4m from the screen any recomendations on kit would be much appreciated.

lobby

Jun 30, 2008
Visit site
With that sort of budget, i would start with the Pioneer plasma 5090 for £2100, then add the Pioneer lx-71 for £600 and the Pioneer lx-81 amp for £1600. Thats the easy part, now for the speakers, with so many choices, and whether you want traditional or style and floorstanders with the traditional speakers. All theses would partner well B&W 685, or a mix of 863, 864, Dali Ikon 6 or Tannoy revolution Signature, MA range. For style the B&W MT-30 or Kef 3005se. If you feel your room is big enough i would go for Floorstanders and you can enjoy music as well.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts