New system.....but which one? Help please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Apologies in advance but new to the site,

I've been reading the forums for a while and finally purchased an Hitachi UT42MX70 since it was an absolute bargain at RS. Ordered Sky HD (well I've been informed that I can place my order in 1 to 3 weeks!). Now then.......the rest of the set up. I'd like to use a PS3 with the following:

Stage 1 : AV amp and speakers (to be purchased now)

Stage 2 : Hi-fi amp (using speakers above), link to the computer (I-tunes) etc (at some point in the near future).

Room size is 9.25m x 4m at the widest points - its a bit like an "L" shape but the furniture is really in a 5m x 4m "part". However, not sure what I should be spending (I'm upgrading from an all-in-one box) and managed to convince the missus that we need big speakers (result - one for the lads!). The main thing that I want (and dont we all) is a sound that blows me away.....you know, one that makes your mates jealous and gets the police knocking on the door after the neighbours complain (detached house by the way). I want mega bass too, so it gives me shivers and a huge smile on the face
emotion-2.gif

Now - can I get this by spending £2k (and will I get blown away?) from something like a £500-£600 amp (review upcoming in what hi-fi soon!) plus say the B+W theatre package for example???? Or, if i dig deeper and brought an amp for £1500 + £2500 on speakers would it be a MASSIVE difference. I know, buy what you can afford etc, but like everyone else, there are other things you want in life...so if I can, i'd spend less, then have the hi-fi earlier.

Next - what would you buy with £2k or £4k????

Appreciate any help - going to the stores this weekend for demos so your help would be much appeciated.

JamesPianoman

Jul 21, 2009
Visit site
Ah, cracking questions Naklee... I'm new to the site as well, so it'll be good to read the responses...

I'm in a similar situation to you, researching my first 'hi-fi'; starting from scratch, like you, likewise with an 'L' shaped room...

So to answer your question as to what I'd buy for £2k to add hi-fi to an existing tv... it'd be SONOS, NAS drive and (B&W theatre package) speakers.

Cheers, James

A

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply James - I'm sure the experts on here will give us some help.

I'm starting with AV to get blu-ray / High Def then will move on to hi-fi after. So confusing for a beginner!!

A

Anonymous

Come on Guys....appreciate its a long one but any assitance would help

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts