New system build

d_a_n1979

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Does anyone have any experience of using the Rega Apollo CDP along with a Cyrus 8vS integrated amp and B&W 685 speakers (or in any combination of 2 out of the 3 mentioned)?

I am toying with the idea of getting the above system and have been offered superb discounts on all of the itmes thorugh my local hifi store.

I have also been considering going for a decent 2nd hand MF A-X2 or A-X100/200 integrated amp (of if i can find them, an MF A-X100 pre and the XF-50 mkonoblocks).

If anyone has any experience of any of the amps above with either the Apollo CDP or the B&W 685 speakersd id like to hear from you :)

Music i listen to ranges from Bonzo Dog to Jethro Tull to Pink Floyd through to Daft Punk, alot of Hed Kandi, Fischerspooner, Air, Leftfield, Layo and Bushwacka and more...

Thanks

matthewpiano

Dan, I've heard the Apollo with a Cyrus 6 and it was an extremely exciting listen but with plenty of substance to the sound as well. If you like a very energetic sound I would definately be auditioning the combination you suggest (my views on the 685s put on one side!). The nice thing about the Apollo is that it seems to bring a bit of life to some fairly average quality recordings (the CD reissue of Aqualung sounded fabulous for once).

My own system build is taking some unexpected twists and turns away from British manufacturers, but more of that later.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts