admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Well it's amazing what a few months and a trip to ikea can do...

Here's my system arrangement as it was:

And here it is today:
Need a duster.

Sorry about the picture quality and the fact that I can't get it all into one frame, I have a wall problem...)

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
Still needs that duster, my friend...
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

professorhat:Still needs that duster, my friend...
emotion-5.gif

Indeed, I have an overly dusty place. That's why I keep the dustcover on the tt, I know there's minor resonance drawbacks but fifteen minutes with it off and the lovely grey paint is all dusty!!

I'm grappling with how to organize it all when I get my LK100. I may have to move the preamp up next to the project and drop the wii onto the lower level.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
Nice setup.. My stuffs are covered with dust too, but never wipe with clothes to avoid minor scratches.. I only clean them once a year with soft brush

What is your opinion about having 2 channel stereo with DVD? I had experienced the loss in sound detail when I set my receiver to stereo mode while decoding 5.1 channel. I am now looking for a stereo amplifier for new hifi system, but wonder how it works with dvd.

A

Anonymous

I find proper stereo dvd's to be superior. There are two critical bases that must be hit though. You need either a good dac, beresford serves well. Or, a player with a good dac. In my case the faroudja gear in the oppo does a superb job there. A proper stereo amp absolutely shames a surround machine set to stereo, I have a theory that surround amps intentionally fall short on stereo to enhance the illusion that their surround is amazing.

I've had a few surround setups and always found them less involving that good stereo. As long as you've got a good dac on deck you're smiling. To that end I highly recommend the Oppo, can't be beat when it comes to value for money.

radovantz

Jul 25, 2008
Visit site
I'd read about faroudja in denon players but didn't alert about its role, and dac as well. Thank you for this new lesson raypalmer.

I'm going to ask the av retailer to demo this
emotion-15.gif

A

Anonymous

Quite good, in that price bracket it's the best match I've heard. But a little more will get you into arros and Neats...

A

Anonymous

This is not so much new as it is 16 years old. I've used these as my main speakers on and off since '98. Tough to beat the old workhorses. Although they don't permit bi-amping so one of my shoeboxes is just sitting idle for the time being.

A

Anonymous

Yes Imageshack and I have different definitions for "easy" and "convenient."

how's this?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts