New Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi my set up is Naim cd5i placette passive volume control Roksan caspian 4 channel power amplifier bi- amping monitor audio rs6 silvers. I was using arcam power amps to bi amp but found them bright . Changed to the roksan and I think it is now much better.

I am thinking of buying standmounts and the proac ref 8 signatures have been recommended but I have seen some Proac 1Sc for sale online at the right money . Would these be good with my setup. The room is 5m- 4m and I sit 3m away . Any advice would be appreciated.

A

Anonymous

In keeping with the monitor audio line, you might wanna look at the Gold Signature 10's. I personally prefer floorstanders but if small speakers are what you're after then I'd check them out, especially as you are upgrading from MA speakers. You may find they match your system better by default. Those 1SC's do look nice too though, see if you can audition the lot.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for that

It is near impossible in N Ireland to get both makes from the 1 shop as there is not the choice here. So sometimes peoples advise is very welcome I noticed you have the Gr20. What are they like. Do they need plenty of room

A

Anonymous

yeah they're huge and are still waiting to be put in a bigger room actually... gotta get the house first but its in the works and I couldn't wait hehe.

They do, however, sound absolutely awesome. Also a nice thing, as I crank the volume up I become more worried about destroying my room than I do damaging the speakers. They aren't even struggling and it's like my door is gonna shake off its hinges and my shelves drop all there thigns on the floor... oh yeah and my neighbour to come around with a shotun. The 10's are a lot smaller though. It's weird how music can actually seem like it's quieter.. but it's not, can still hear it downstairs fine. Must be because of the lower noise floor which I imagine is also the fault of the amp.

A

Anonymous

Its not the house I have to worry about its the wife. Turn that down!!! thats what I get shaky windows and rattling ornaments not an option

I will look at gs10 and may be still the proac sc1

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts