New speakers...pics

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
s2.jpg
Dynaudio re-released the special twenty-five speaker in the USA. Only 75 (numbered) pairs available. I've got number 42 Pretty amazing sound. Has taken my system to a whole new level IMO.

s5.jpg

s4.jpg

s3.jpg

A

Anonymous

AlmaataKZ said:
oooooh! I like these! sound as good as look?

They brought the series out again due to customer demand, they really do sound amazing. The original series of them were £4,000 and many considered them a bargain. You can pick them up used for about £1,800 for a mint pair.

I hope they bring you many hours of enjoyment :).

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
The color is called bordeaux. It's a reddish brown gloss stain over birds-eye maple.

If you can find a pair for £1,800 grab them! A used pair over here runs considerably more. I purchased mine new and they came with a 15 year warranty to celebrate 15 years of Dynaudio USA.

They have amazing detail and clarity. Substantially more revealing than my Contour S1.4s. And the bass is OMG gorgeous. These play well into the mid 30 hz range without breaking a sweat. I'm loving them. No regrets at this point. : )

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
Did you get too listen to the Fact 8's before you bought these Dyn's jaxwired?

That birds eye maple is so nice, very elegant.

jaxwired

Feb 7, 2009
Visit site
shooter69 said:

I wish that had been possible. In the USA, hifi stores are pretty much a thing of the past. I buy everything blind (deaf?). PMC is the other brand that has won me over. I was very tempted by the Fact 8s which were being sold used for close to the price of these Dyns. A pair of OB1i also just showed up on the used market for about the same price. Some day I hope to spend quality time with these speakers. I love the look of all the PMCs.

I did read quite a few reviews of the Fact 8s that seemed to indicate they have a bit of forward character that I was worried wouldn't pair well with my amp.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
We had the Special Twenty Five's here when I started at Frank Harvey about 5 years ago. Back then they cost £2,500, or £3,000 with their 'matching' stand (which I was never really too keen on), quite a bargain back then as they were using the bass driver from their top end models. I think you might pick some up for less than £1,800 if you find someone who bought them back when they were that price, especially if they aren't aware that they jumped up by £1,000 not too long before they were discontinued.

They do need good amplification though, so don't think you'll be getting a bargain if you've got a NAD3020 or something :grin:

shooter

May 4, 2008
Visit site
jaxwired said:
shooter69 said:

I wish that had been possible. In the USA, hifi stores are pretty much a thing of the past. I buy everything blind (deaf?). PMC is the other brand that has won me over. I was very tempted by the Fact 8s which were being sold used for close to the price of these Dyns. A pair of OB1i also just showed up on the used market for about the same price. Some day I hope to spend quality time with these speakers. I love the look of all the PMCs.

I did read quite a few reviews of the Fact 8s that seemed to indicate they have a bit of forward character that I was worried wouldn't pair well with my amp.

If theres a nagging always best side with caution fella, could be costly.

Dyns with forward amps are a good combo, i'm their!

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
they look utterly fantastic! never been keen on the look of the contours, but those are lovely. you're lucky to have such a large room to allow them to give their best. :dance:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts