New speakers or source upgrade with my new Nait XS? Please adivse. Calling on pp, chebby, trueblue.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Finally, after almost a year of starting out with HiFi, I've got a new Nait XS at home now. :)

My current new system is SB Touch + Rega DAC + Nait XS + Rega RS5.

I home demoed the Rega Saturn with the Rega Rs5s I have at home, and really enjoyed what I hear.

My wife tells me to get the best system I can over the next 6 months, and be done with trying stuff out and upgrading for several years. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Anyway, with my budget gone up to around $10000, what's the best step for me?

The SB Touch + Rega DAC don't seem to work with my room's acoustics. The Rega Saturn works better. It also works better than the rega saturn as a transport into the rega dac.

a) Stick with what I demoed. Rega Saturn + Nait XS + Rega RS5s. Really sweet sound, I like it a lot and seems to work with my living room acoustics.

b) Home Demo the CD5XS with the Rs5s. Home demo speakers later at leisure.

c) Stick with saturn as source since I like it (and it's half the price of the CS5XS), and demo speakers leisurely.

d) Stick with saturn as source for now with the speakers. Get the Naim DAC s/h and better speakers.

e) Seriously, just stick with option a). It seems to work, is enjoyable I'll still have $4000 saved up for a TT + music + better speakers + retirement. :)

All thoughts are appreciated.

MoData said:
Finally, after almost a year of starting out with HiFi, I've got a new Nait XS at home now. :)

My current new system is SB Touch + Rega DAC + Nait XS + Rega RS5.

I home demoed the Rega Saturn with the Rega Rs5s I have at home, and really enjoyed what I hear.

My wife tells me to get the best system I can over the next 6 months, and be done with trying stuff out and upgrading for several years. Not sure if that's good or bad.

Anyway, with my budget gone up to around $10000, what's the best step for me?

The SB Touch + Rega DAC don't seem to work with my room's acoustics. The Rega Saturn works better. It also works better than the rega saturn as a transport into the rega dac.

a) Stick with what I demoed. Rega Saturn + Nait XS + Rega RS5s. Really sweet sound, I like it a lot and seems to work with my living room acoustics.

b) Home Demo the CD5XS with the Rs5s. Home demo speakers later at leisure.

c) Stick with saturn as source since I like it (and it's half the price of the CS5XS), and demo speakers leisurely.

d) Stick with saturn as source for now with the speakers. Get the Naim DAC s/h and better speakers.

e) Seriously, just stick with option a). It seems to work, is enjoyable I'll still have $4000 saved up for a TT + music + better speakers + retirement. :)

All thoughts are appreciated.

Firstly, I've no idea about Rega stuff, so won't even try to second guess. Heard the Naim XS amp twice: first was with Naim XS CDP and Spendor SA-1 speakers. Sounded very impressive. The second was Nait XS recently with my Arcam CDP and Dynaudio Contour 1.4 speakers. Very good indeed, also.

Can't comment on which is the best source DAC or CDP, because my DacMagic is still in the box. (I'll have inquest over the coming days
smiley-smile.gif
).

Certainly Chebby and TB have the experience with Rega equipment.

I would stick with option (e). If that set-up brings a smile to your face then it's 'the one'. In addition it'll give ample scope to upgrade further down the line. But from personal experience if the grin is pasted (or your gut-feeling) will be the deciding factor.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts