Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
hi

I just received a pair of 685 s2 and after setting up the system with the amp, i realised that the mid/bass driver is not working in one of the speakers. the tweeter is working just fine. so is the other speaker. i've tried it on two different amps, changed the cables, etc, etc but the issue is clearly with the speakers. i am about to repack the whole thing and send back to the seller. before i do, anything you guys can think of what i may be doing wrong, or is it just what it looks like: a broken speaker...

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
the links between the two sets of terminals on the back of the speaker that is not working are in place and have not been dislodged in transit to you.

Sorry, only thing I could think of at short notice while I'm at work.

*music2*

A

Anderson

It's possible that the connection from the cross over to the cone has become loose, you could try removing the driver and checking.

Laurens_B

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
hybridauth_facebook_1255631308 said:
Anderson said:
It's possible that the connection from the cross over to the cone has become loose, you could try removing the driver and checking.

my reply was to the previous post. how do i go about removing a driver?

I don't think you can send them back after you opened them up though... Better just to let them (dealer) sort it out for you... You probably get a new set right away.

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Laurens_B said:
Anderson said:

I don't think you can send them back after you opened them up though... Better just to let them (dealer) sort it out for you... You probably get a new set right away.

sounds like good advice

scene

Laurens_B said:
Anderson said:

+1 on that. If they're new and hence under warranty - just talk to your dealer. If you open them up, you will void your warranty and any hope of getitng them replaced...

A

Anderson

I'm a risk taker, I doubt they'd know you removed a driver but at the same time, it's your money. You should just take them back to the dealer, it's not worth the risk.

A

Anderson

For arguments sake, you should be able to remove the trim that bridges between the woofer and the cabinet. You need to do this very gently but it should be easy enough to pop off. Once removed you'll have access to the screws which secure the driver to the cabinet, undo these and viola.

You do this at your own risk.

Sep 16, 2014
Visit site
Anderson said:
For arguments sake, you should be able to remove the trim that bridges between the woofer and the cabinet. You need to do this very gently but it should be easy enough to pop off. Once removed you'll have access to the screws which secure the driver to the cabinet, undo these and viola.

You do this at your own risk.

thanks. i'm just gonna have a look, very gently of course :)

plasterman

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
thanks to all. i removed the rim and saw those bolts. i had no idea how to remove them. i am absolutely not a DIY person :)

sending the speakers back for a replacement...

Hopefully no one will notice you tampered with them.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts