new speakers arrived

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

Today my brand new shiny black PMC twenty.23 have arrived! Set up by my dealer, now running in. The whole 'unpacking experience' was awesome. PMC really gives you the idea you have bought something special.

Now I need to go through my entire collection again :)

Regards Spockfish

iceman16

Enjoy
regular_smile.gif

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
KidKomet said:
Congratulations! Do let us know of ant particular recordings that you think shine through on them!

Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy: a great recording, but on the PMC's ... hearing '3d stuff' that I never heard before.

NIN - Hesitation Marks: djeez. Just djeez. Never 'got on' with NIN on recordings (live I find them awesome), but it's now that I realize this has everything to do with my equipment. On the PMC's this album sounds 'solid' with a deep, dry and controlled bass.

Ben Howard - Every Kingdom: great recording, but on the PMC's it's more detailed than on my Mission's. The rain at the beginning of Promise is so extremely real.

Marillion - Brave (live 2013): very underestimated band. Brave is there best album (imho of course), and this album on the PMC's is just goosebumps. And to be honest: I don't know exactly why except that it sounded 'more livier' than before.

Porcupine Tree - Atlanta Live: my first high res recording. Very well recorded. And boy, the PMC's can rock (hard) as well. Did not push them as hard as I dared with my Mission's, but it sounded way more in balance at high levels than on the old ones.

Now back to the rest of my catalogue :)

spockfish said:
Hi,

Today my brand new shiny black PMC twenty.23 have arrived! Set up by my dealer, now running in. The whole 'unpacking experience' was awesome. PMC really gives you the idea you have bought something special.

Now I need to go through my entire collection again :)

Regards Spockfish

Congrats, they are cracking speakers.

Diamond Joe

Mar 1, 2008
Visit site
spockfish said:
Marillion - Brave (live 2013): very underestimated band. Brave is there best album (imho of course), and this album on the PMC's is just goosebumps. And to be honest: I don't know exactly why except that it sounded 'more livier' than before.

Absolutley agree with you there, I love Brave, I still remember the first time I heard it and I thought they'd lost the plot, but it grew on me to such an extent that it's almost certainly my favourite album now.

Cracking speakers BTW, enjoy *drinks*

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
spockfish said:
KidKomet said:
Congratulations! Do let us know of ant particular recordings that you think shine through on them!

Massive Attack - Unfinished Sympathy: a great recording, but on the PMC's ... hearing '3d stuff' that I never heard before.

NIN - Hesitation Marks: djeez. Just djeez. Never 'got on' with NIN on recordings (live I find them awesome), but it's now that I realize this has everything to do with my equipment. On the PMC's this album sounds 'solid' with a deep, dry and controlled bass.

Ben Howard - Every Kingdom: great recording, but on the PMC's it's more detailed than on my Mission's. The rain at the beginning of Promise is so extremely real.

Porcupine Tree - Atlanta Live: my first high res recording. Very well recorded. And boy, the PMC's can rock (hard) as well. Did not push them as hard as I dared with my Mission's, but it sounded way more in balance at high levels than on the old ones.

Imagine all that but only with some extra juice to power those babies...

Huuuum, lets imagine you had a Rega Elex.... Lovely amp by the way, had a 2 hour listening in my Rega dealer... *yahoo**ok*

spockfish

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
spockfish said:
KidKomet said:

Huuuum, lets imagine you had a Rega Elex.... Lovely amp by the way, had a 2 hour listening in my Rega dealer... *yahoo**ok*

Or an Elicit-R..... or a Naim SuperNAIT..... or ........ *dance4*

Hi-FiOutlaw

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
spockfish said:
Hi-FiOutlaw said:
spockfish said:
KidKomet said:

Or an Elicit-R..... or a Naim SuperNAIT..... or ........ *dance4*

Don't you go wild on me now...*biggrin*

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts