New speakers and perhaps amp for my PS3 setup!

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I currently have an old rotel ra-311, 20w per channel, and some really rubbish second hand speaker (sorry dont know any more about them, no name or anything on them....)

Currently they are hooked up to my PS3, through which I play CDs, and stream music, and obviosuly play games & DVDs. My priority is to get a decent some quality for listening to music, although I want something that will be able to handle games and films too.

At the moment I know that I need to change the speakers, but I dont want to hold back just because of the amp. I have been looking at Wharfedale 9.1 and MS 902is, my budget is around £[/b]150 & I have heard good things about these speakers.

Firstly I want to know if there is any point getting 100w speakers for a 20w amp? I know the amp is decent, as my dad used to have it in his setup. I will be upgrading the amp at some point, so would rather get decent speakers now if I can get away with it, but not sure if the speakers would be underpowered, whould this damage the speakers in any way?

If powering these speakers with this amp isnt an option then can anyone recommend a decent amp to power them? I guess if i had to buy an amp now too I wouldnt want to spend much over £200. Is this a realistic amount to spend??

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

I have the 9.1,s going through a 30 watt amp and dont need to turn the volume past 10 oclock for decent listening levels If you do want to upgrade your amp though i,d look on ebay.You could get the diamonds and a amp well within your budget.

A

Anonymous

Hi, the Monitor Audio BR2's and the NAD C320 BEE compliment each other brilliantly and are much more dynamic than the wharfedales. You will be getting deep bass, fast attack, punch clout and clarity.

A

Anonymous

http://shop.ebay.co.uk/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38.l1313&_nkw=Monitor+Audio+BR2&_sacat=See-All-Categories

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts