new setup ???

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I've got a couple of setups i would like to go for which i think will be ok in my bedroom (average size bedroom) what do you guys think?

*Cyrus CD6s cd player £650

*B&W 684 floor stander speakers £699

*Yamaha DSPAX463 home cinema amplifier £300

or

*Roksan Kandy mkIII cd player £650

or

*Rega appollo cd player £600

I will say now that im going for this particular amplifier because it goes well with my TV, Xbox 360 and dvd player.

A

Anonymous

Don't use a floorstander in a bedroom. Get a nice clean-sounding monitor. All those CDPs are fine but wasted through an AV amp!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
In every case the receiver will be the weak link in the chain - any receiver at this level would be - and will severely restrict the performance of the system.

In two years' time it still will.

A

Anonymous

Trust me, a CD5i with a Nait going into some nice little standmounts - maybe Spendor - you will love :)

A

Anonymous

[quote user="Andrew Everard"]
In every case the receiver will be the weak link in the chain - any receiver at this level would be - and will severely restrict the performance of the system.

In two years' time it still will.

[/quote]

Andy, you and I agree on this one. And "lol" at the "two years time" comment!I'd also like to mention that in two years an AV amp will be become obsolete, whereas a stereo amp will not!

A

Anonymous

you seem to be attacking this hi fi thing a bit gung ho. this is about your 5th thread today asking very different questions and giving conflicting replys. In your other threads you seemed completely set on naim stuff which im not sure you had even heard and now you come in mentioning completely different kit and you also said you are not even buying your kit for 2 years.

People including myself gave you very good advice in your other threads regarding av amps and top quality cd players such as the naim and this thread implys you didnt take much notice

A

Anonymous

the home cinema amplifier is simply a source for the cd player until i can afford a new stereo amp like for instance the nait 5i.

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="naim is holmes"]the home cinema amplifier is simply a source for the cd player until i can afford a new stereo amp like for instance the nait 5i.[/quote]

Strictly speaking, the CD player is a source for the amplifier...

But if you can't stretch to the Nait 5i right now, buy something like this used Nait 3 or even a Nait 2 on the secondhand market

A

Anonymous

of course not mat im simply just thinking of the money, everyone can agree on that hifi is expensive especially people like me who have an expensive taste and wants good sound. basically if i get the system requirements that im probably going to get... parts of that system will obviously be upgraded again...and again...and again until its been written in my will that my children get whatever it i have...something like that.

A

Anonymous

no the other source meaning the answer to the cd player until i get a better one...

A

Anonymous

and plus im just opening up my ideas of a hi fi system i would like in the future and asking for opinions. maybe ive finally told myself that the naim cd5i is too expensive... especially as ive just found out that it goes up every month or in due time. if anything i thought it would of gone down in price in 2 years.

A

Anonymous

[quote user="naim is holmes"]
no the other source meaning the answer to the cd player until i get a better one...

[/quote]

im confused too other source?

the thing is your not even going to be making your first purchase for 2 years

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="naim is holmes"]and plus im just opening up my ideas of a hi fi system i would like in the future and asking for opinions. maybe ive finally told myself that the naim cd5i is too expensive... especially as ive just found out that it goes up every month or in due time. if anything i thought it would of gone down in price in 2 years. [/quote]

No, Naim prices tend to rise once a year, in April.

And if you've talked yourself out of a CD5i, then it seems we're back to square one.

A

Anonymous

no it doesn't thats why ive made this post its got ideas of other cd players and speakers, in fact ive only mentioned in this whole post the word naim once and that was in an example.

A

Anonymous

im thinking of buying a car in 2 years time when i get some somey and wondered whether people can spend loads of time helping me decide what to get. I will probably get a audi. Do you think it will be the same price in 2 years or maybe i should just get something else. The audi looks good but iv never driven one

A

Anonymous

Matt, why do you want an Audi, are you aspiring to the middle class? Audis are just heaviest varients of the dull VAG group.

A

Anonymous

well i probably wont listen to you but but i spose the ford focus looks good i might get one

A

Anonymous

If it's in two years you have plenty of time to think. At least cars will be around then, whereas CDPs won't...

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
[quote user="darrenwm1"]whereas CDPs won't...[/quote]

Yes, they will have vanished completely, just like turnta - oh, hang on...
emotion-42.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts