New Rega Brio-R amp

A

Anonymous

Pinkfishmedia.net is where you go to for Rega news. :)

There were a few threads on the new amp on there.

A

Anonymous

chebby said:
It was announced on Audio-T's news section on 7th April and - as you said - it was announced on Rega's own website.

I expect some sort of 'new product' announcement went to all their dealers and distributors. (I have checked a few outside of the Audio-T chain and they all have announcements too.)

Hardly low profile.

It is good to hear that there has been some publicity as I am a Rega fan/owner myself.

I am just sometimes puzzled by their seemingly low profile eg reluctance to submit products for review,their very limited stand at the recent Bristol show etc.

Perhaps this has all been discussed previously on these forums - maybe their sales are sufficient without a large marketing budget - if so, then long may it continue.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
byronmorris said:
I am just sometimes puzzled by their seemingly low profile eg reluctance to submit products for review,their very limited stand at the recent Bristol show etc.

This has been their way since the company was founded in 1973. They have never advertised and appearing at hifi shows at all is a very recent thing for Rega. I think Roy Gandy has only given a couple of interviews in the past and prefers to talk about engineering and music than hi-fi.

There are certain hi-fi manufacturers I wish had taken the same approach in letting the product 'talk' for itself.

A

Anonymous

There is a quite positive review of theBrio-R in Tone Audio:

http://www.tonepublications.com/spotlight/rega-brio-r-worlds-first-review/

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
mitch65 said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
The Brio R will be available mid May, in case anyone is wondering :)

Hi David

Since we are talking Rega, is there any news on the Mira replacement yet?

Sorry Mitch, didn't see this - not been on much over the past month with bank holidays, Munich hi-fi show and generally being a little busier than usual! At the moment, there has been no mention of a Mira replacement - but no doubt, there will be at some point :)

Cold Roses

Sep 23, 2009
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
mitch65 said:
FrankHarveyHiFi said:
The Brio R will be available mid May, in case anyone is wondering :)

Hi David

Since we are talking Rega, is there any news on the Mira replacement yet?

Sorry Mitch, didn't see this - not been on much over the past month with bank holidays, Munich hi-fi show and generally being a little busier than usual! At the moment, there has been no mention of a Mira replacement - but no doubt, there will be at some point :)

I read some comments from Paul Darwin of Rega a few months back on another well known HiFi forum where he said that the replacements for the Mira and Saturn will have the same case design as the Brio-r and Dac, but be full width. Other than that, he really didn't give very much away about plans for the Mira.

A

Anonymous

How would the brio-R work with the Rega RS5 speakers? Would it be an improvement over the Mira3?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts