New rear speakers......need help...

lcd4ever

Oct 23, 2008
Visit site
My dog decided to kill one of my old B & W 601 S2's that I was using as rear speakers in my home cinema set up I was looking for an excuse to upgrade anyway I have narrowed a short list down to 5 possibles I would appreciate any help as to which would do the best job bearing in mind that it is explosions/effects they will be dealing with not just music......

Wharfedale Diamond 9.1(are these a huge improvement over the 9.0's for this job.....?)

Tannoy Mercury F1

Mission MV4

Cambridge Audio S30

Maurdant Short Avant 902i (this speaker is my favourite I think.......)

Any help welcome......

A

Anonymous

Hi, Would suggest MS Avanti,have MS Premiere 6.1 and ms work a treat with both..........Shep

Toshiba 37XV553 TV,Sky+,Pioneer VSX-AX3 Amp,Toshiba SD350 DVD Player, MS Premiere+ 6.1 Speakers.anniversary speaker cables.

A

Anonymous

What are you using for your front left, right and centre speakers?ÿ

A

Anonymous

The M & K are the Dogs but do feel there is a real benefit in matching your front s, to the rears at least by brand but preferably tweeter.

Take the old B & W XT for example ! The XT 4 fronts XTc & XT2's are rears is true majic ! [Not heard the new ones yet]

The twweters are all out their top speaker ! My mate ran his XT2 as fronts first till he had the dosh to get the XT4's.

JohnHolmes

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
Yes M&K tripoles are still available. M&K are back in business check out http://www.mksoundsystem.com/

Tripole rears speakers when set up
correctly can really help in creating an enveloping surround
which makes it HC a better experience. They are superb rear speakers that wrap the listener very well, even in small rooms.

JohnHolmes

Mar 6, 2009
Visit site
theblink:
The M & K are the Dogs but do feel there is a real benefit in matching your front s, to the rears at least by brand but preferably tweeter.

Take the old B & W XT for example ! The XT 4 fronts XTc & XT2's are rears is true majic ! [Not heard the new ones yet]

The twweters are all out their top speaker ! My mate ran his XT2 as fronts first till he had the dosh to get the XT4's.

This depends on what you want to get from the system, and what you do with it.

If you are into 5.1 mixed music, you'd certainly benefit from matching
all speakers. For movies, the demands are usually not as high, although
it depens on the material. As long as the
tonal matching is close enough, you will be probably ok.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts