New Products for 2010

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
I thought there were some great value for money products over the past few years, but having seen what's up and coming this year, it's going to be a very interesting year!

Speaking of which, I think it's about time we brought manufacturing back to the UK......

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
FrankHarveyHiFi:
I thought there were some great value for money products over the past few years, but having seen what's up and coming this year, it's going to be a very interesting year!

Speaking of which, I think it's about time we brought manufacturing back to the UK......

I agree that there are some great new products headed our way this year - in a wide range of categories, too!

However, I fear you've contradicted yourself by a) praising what great value many products are offering and b) suggesting a move back to UK manufacturing. In most cases, it's precisely because so many companies have chosen cheaper manufacturing options that the value offered to the consumer has increased....

Pindi

Nov 21, 2008
Visit site
We all really want to know how much 3DTVs are going to cost... Any ideas, David?

My Kuro was made in the UK, and it's impeccably built. Maybe that's another reason why Pioneer stopped their TV production
emotion-18.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Clare Newsome:I agree that there are some great new products headed our way this year - in a wide range of categories, too!

However, I fear you've contradicted yourself by a) praising what great value many products are offering and b) suggesting a move back to UK manufacturing. In most cases, it's precisely because so many companies have chosen cheaper manufacturing options that the value offered to the consumer has increased....

That might be the case with some stuff, but most of the better value stuff was never made in the UK anyway. What I'm referring to is the stuff that was shipped overseas for manufacturing, and has now increased greatly in cost for whatever reason, and are now pushing themselves out of contention at their price points.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Pindi: We all really want to know how much 3DTVs are going to cost... Any ideas, David?

My Kuro was made in the UK, and it's impeccably built. Maybe that's another reason why Pioneer stopped their TV production
emotion-18.gif

We're uncertain about 3D's future, so we'll not be jumping on the bandwagon until something's certain. As of yet we have no prices for 3D TV. We're more looking forward to see what Panasonic are going to do with the Kuro brand, and I myself am more interested in 4K2K.

A

Anonymous

FrankHarveyHiFi:I myself am more interested in 2K4k.

Qu'est-ce que c'est?
emotion-8.gif

gbhsi1

Mar 5, 2008
Visit site
cheyworth:
2K4K -super Hi-Def

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Hi-Vision

Chris

We are just getting used to normal HD...why bring in super hi-def? I think technology moves to fast.

the_dude2

Aug 25, 2007
Visit site
Do you think there will be much of a market for 4K2K? For the average consumer who probably owns a flatscreen tv, but not necesarily an HD source obviously not. But even for the middle ground and a lot of enthusiasts i struggle to see how it would be a good thing. In that surely the main benefit for 4K2K would be screens that would be what, 50 or 60' and above? And as previously mentioned in another post regarding room size, most people's living rooms arent big enough for 50/60' tv's. And there is still the partner restrictions to consider as well. .

Also, i have only just started getting a reasonably sized blu-ray collection, would i then have to start, not again obviously, but another more expensive format collection?

I should probably do some research about it before posting such ignorant comments but i am very curious about anyway though. My main thought is watching movies that look like the IMAX parts on the Dark Kinght blu-ray, all the way through. That would be nice
emotion-1.gif

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
the_dude2: Do you think there will be much of a market for 4K2K?

As Clare said, don't worry about 4k2k just yet as it's a while off. I think there will be a market for it, but I think it will be more for the projector market. Imagine a 4k2k projector producing a 15 foot picture in your living room and looking as good as a 1080p projector producing a 5 foot picture? Well I hope so anyway.

So yes, it will be a limited market.

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Ravey Gravey Davy:FrankHarveyHiFi:momo72: FrankHarveyHiFi:I myself am more interested in 2K4k.

Qu'est-ce que c'est?
emotion-8.gif

Sorry, I was lying down when I typed that
emotion-1.gif

Frantic Friday at the shop then.

Unfortunately it's just as busy when I lie down.....

Just been listening to the new Spendor A9's which will be launched at Bristol......rather nice.....
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts