New model Sky HD box, when?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have heard that a new model device is imminent. Apologies if this has been asked before but does anyone know if it is out and how to ensure you get one of these on a new order.

daveh75

The box you're refering to is an Amstrad DRX890- It's being trialled by Sky staff and a small number of subscribers at the moment.

AFAIK,there is no confirmed date as to when it will be officially launched, just rumoured to be "early 2010".

As for ensuring you get one,well you cant.Sky cant/wont guarantee you a choice of Sky box,you get whatever make the installer happens to be carrying on his van at the time!

A

Anonymous

Thats interesting, I have ust ordered at UB468000. In what way do you think the interaction is better and is your Amstrd a DRX 890?

A

Anonymous

tvspecv:i`ve got the amstrad but i think the samsung works better with samsung tvs

Nope, there are a lot of incompatibilities with samsung HD boxes (specifically remote issues) with samsung TV's ironically. and the boxes are starting to filer their way into the supply chain, BUT DO NOT GET YOURS HOPES UP! you are in no way guaranteed to get a new box or an existing one.

A

Anonymous

Can you believe it. I was enquiring and hoping to get the new Amstrad DRX890 and when my new box arrived on Friday thats exactly what it was. It is a superb device. Smaller (I think) very quiet and very fast in the interface. Well done Amstrad for a quality job.
emotion-1.gif

daveh75

tvspecv:its the same size but i agree on it being quieter than the samsung even in stanby its not quiet

Sounds like that's a standard amstrad you have then! The new one is different. It's slightly smaller and has a bigger hard drive etc.

A

Anonymous

Ow man I just got sky HD last week and its the old Amstrad box - boooooooo!!!!!

I want more space!
emotion-2.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts