New Led Zep vinyl available to pre-order

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
For anyone who's interested, release date 2nd June. 180g vinyl Zep I, II & III. Available as single LPs or Box sets. Also available on that digital format.

Could be oversubscribed?

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Apparently, every album will be released as Super Deluxe Edition, e.g. LZ1:

LED ZEPPELIN

CD1: Original album newly remastered in vinyl replica sleeve

CD2: Companion audio featuring a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris, France in a new sleeve

Vinyl 1: Original album newly remastered in single sleeve replicating the original album on 180 gram vinyl

Vinyl 2/3: Companion audio on two LPs ( 180 gram vinyl ) in a new sleeve featuring negative artwork based on the original album artwork, and featuring a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris, France

HD Download card with the original album @ 96/24 and the live concert from Paris @ 48/24

LP sized, individually numbered, high quality print of the original album cover

Album-size hardback book (72 pages)

Replica of original Atlantic press kit

Super Deluxe Ed. will be selling for 91.99GBP (on preorder)

And Deluxe Edition (all 3 LPs) for 20.99GBP (on preorder).

I guess LPs are digitaly remastered.

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
What Records has them 1GBP cheaper than amazon. They also offer idividual albums (no deluxe stuff) for 12.99. I'm not a huge fan of bonus material in general anyway.

Now 12.99 is not expansive at all, can't be sure about SQ and if they did anything stupid with remastering (very likely tho).

Freddy58

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
nima said:
What Records has them 1GBP cheaper than amazon. They also offer idividual albums (no deluxe stuff) for 12.99. I'm not a huge fan of bonus material in general anyway.

Now 12.99 is not expansive at all, can't be sure about SQ and if they did anything stupid with remastering (very likely tho).

I hate it when they mess around with the mix. Reminds me of when I bought the re-mastered version of Tubular Bells (CD). Yes, it was cleaner sounding, but lost all of it's character, and some instruments were higher/lower in the mix...

jjbomber

nima said:

CD2: Companion audio featuring a previously unreleased October 1969 concert from Paris, France in a new sleeve

It was broadcast on radio in France in 2007. It was recorded and broadcast in mono. so let's hope that it is enhanced.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
nima said:
can't be sure about SQ and if they did anything stupid with remastering (very likely tho).

Well I hope if any of you buy these albums the SQ/ remastering is better than the monumental ocean going balls up 'Mothership' . Ye gods I could get the swear filter on overtime ranting about that pile of c**p.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Let's hope that in the 6 years since Mothership came out and with the recent upsurge in quality vinyl that Page will produce something decent. I've ordered a double copy of 2&3 and the triple copy of the first album seeing as my original versions have probably seen better days, although it's amazing how few marks are on them for 40 odd years as they were all originally played on a Dansette.(Any youngsters on here will need to look that up)

I just hope that they don't issue 45rpm double albums from the original master tape recordings in 2 years time or I could be forking out again.

I never ever bought Houses of the Holy so I will need that when re-issued and a new version of IV but I think my original copies of the rest (which I never rated that highly anyway) will do.

Marvindodgers

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Vinyl 1: Original album newly remastered in single sleeve replicating the original album on 180 gram vinyl
I wonder if this means that the text on the sleeve of LZ1 will be in turquoise not orange? There is usually a copy of one of the first few hundred that were released with turquoise text for sale on eBay for over £1000!!!I do worry about albums being remastered by 60 & 70 something year old musicians who've spent the best part of 50 years a few feet away from a big pile of Marshall amps playing flat out! I know my 41 year old ears have taken some abuse just by listening to music at fairly sensible volume (mostly!). Heaven knows how bad Jimmy Page's tinnitus must be?

jjbomber

Marvindodgers said:
I wonder if this means that the text on the sleeve of LZ1 will be in turquoise not orange? There is usually a copy of one of the first few hundred that were released with turquoise text for sale on eBay for over £1000!!!

And also John Baldwin on bass, before they found out he was tied to a different record label and had to change his name.

As for remastering, i know a few professional rock musicians who rate his work on Mothership as brilliant. Presumably they have trained ears which us mere mortals don't have.

nima

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Looks orange to me: http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81eb2gUoI9L._SL1500_.jpg

I will preorder all 3 in non-deluxe version, life is to too short for listening to bonus material if anyone asks me. And I'm not big enough fan to pay 80GBP extra for very nice book in super-deluxe version.

Another thing that's holding me back is that never liked the remaster of the 3 albums on CDs, so I'm hoping for a miracle.

Should just buy the super-deluxe and sell it for a few 1000GBP on e-bay in a few years tho.

gpi

Mar 29, 2008
Visit site
jjbomber said:
nima said:

It was broadcast on radio in France in 2007. It was recorded and broadcast in mono. so let's hope that it is enhanced.

Mono can be wonderful. People assume stereo has to be better, which isn't the case.

Tear Drop

Apr 23, 2008
Visit site
Lost Angeles said:
I just hope that they don't issue 45rpm double albums from the original master tape recordings in 2 years time or I could be forking out again.

Happened a few years back, you missed it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Records-Led-Zeppelin-VINYL/dp/B000FIHNLG

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Tear Drop said:
Lost Angeles said:

Happened a few years back, you missed it!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Classic-Records-Led-Zeppelin-VINYL/dp/B000FIHNLG

You've ruined my evening telling me that. :cry:

Mind you the amps due back soon. :clap:

jjbomber

Two of the 'new' tracks are being played om PlanetRock tomorrow morning. Good Times, Bad Times and Communication Breakdown are already streaming stateside, so not much of a world first really. Also the whole broadcast has been aired in France. Better than the usual though.

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
Looking on the what vinyl has been listened to recently it looks like a few of you have bought these. Now I've got the Zep 1 triple and 2&3 as doubles all with a wrap around cellophane cover with the list of tracks on the back cellophane cover which when you remove gets wasted. Now am I missing something here? :wall:

If the albums were singles you could get away with just cutting down the one side and retaining the cellophane but this ain't possible with gatefold sleeves which you need to open up to get the album out. Seems a waste to put something on which is gonna get chucked away.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts