New kit

ASL0205

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
Well after extensive listening and research I have narrowed my shortlist down to the Ruark r4i and Naim MUSO. Does anyone on here have either and if so what are your thoughts ? Cheers

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've heard the Muso in a (fairly) local hifi store, and have to say I was very impressed. The quality of the sound coming from a one-box system was surprising to say the least.

As I have mentioned on another thread, I'd happily have one as a second system. Just not convinced it can replace a "normal" hifi - but then I don't think that is what it's intended for....

Not heard the Ruark I'm afriad.

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The Ruark R4 Mk3 is for a different kind of market (hence the FM radio and CD player and the polished wood option).

In terms of ultimate sound quality the mu-so is superior. (I have heard both and we own two Ruark R1s.)

However, the Ruark R4 Mk3 is not a slouch and it's now more flexible than it used to be - with it's new optical input - but it's more in the tradition of a very good table radio. (It is also £250 cheaper than the Naim.)

If the ability to play FM and CDs are important - and one of the three different finishes suits your decor better than the Naim - then there really aren't many other good all-in-one options for the same money.

I'd agree with chubby. The Ruark offers a lot more for the money and is probably a better all rounder, as long as you can live with the design. I must state I have seen but not heard the Muso so cannot comment on its sound quality.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts