New keyboard and mouse - wireless

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
Hello everyone!

I am looking to get a new PC on which I will be playing games (my current one is too old for anything much more than Solitaire). As such I am looking at putting it in the living room and connecting it to my flatscreen for some gaming action. Consequently, a wireless mouse and keyboard will be required. I currently use a Microsoft Keyboard and Intellimouse Explorer 3.0.

I have looked at Logitech and like the idea of being able to run both mouse and keyboard from the one unifying dongle.

I have used Microsoft for many years and been happy with their peripherals.

I am not adverse to trying a different manufacturer however.

Until tonight I didn't realise there are different grips that people have when they use a mouse (although it does make sense when I think about it).

I like a largish mouse (the Intellimouse Explorer 3.0 is bigger than my one at work, although that is ok for me. My plam rests on the back of the mouse and I seem to use a claw type grip although my fingers don't bend as much as I have seen in images. I will be using the mouse for internet work and gaming.

Sorry for the long first post - I have searched through forums and confused myself looking on google and amazon reviews!

Any assistance greatly received. I am currently thinking Logitech G700 but heard the battery is pants!

Thanks everyone. :)

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've used Logitech mice and keyboards for years (mx700 wireless through to my current G500). I used to be addicted to Counterstrike back when i had my MX1000 laser wireless and I cant recall ever blaming the mouse for my lack of talent!

I also used Logitech's Illuminated wired keyboard and when I wore that one out Logitech kindly replaced it with a wireless K800 illuminated keyboard.

I can testify to Logitech's outstanding customer service as I have had replacements for my Z5500 speakers, G5 mouse and the keyboard mentioned above.

A word of caution though - if you are going to be playing a lot of games that rely on the wsad keys then avoid the ones that have laptop type keyboards as I managed to wear out the w key on my first illuminated keyboard in less than a year. My brother in law has got a G110 gaming keyboard that has taken a rediculous amount of punishment from him and my nieces (more than a few spilt drinks on it) and it is still going strong!

I still use my G500 (fantastic mouse) but I currently use a Cosair K90 mechanical keyboard which is built like a tank and is awesome to type on.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
drichardb - thanks for the response - much appreciated. Sounds like Logitech have some happy customers. I don't do enough gaming to trash a keyboard, but I do need a wireless one for the living room. As for the mouse - as long as it isn't too laggy when playing on the big screen I will be happy! Like the thought of the G700 but heard battery life is bad which puts me off a little. Not sure I would use all the programmable buttons either!

drichardb

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
No probs giggsy :cheers:

The G700 is a beast of a mouse - Logitech have come out and said that if you extend battery life on a wireless mouse then you compromise the performance but even then, unless your using it for long sessions every day you should at least get 4 days or so between charges. I always used to turn my MX1000 off every night and that seemed to help a lot.

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
drichardb - thanks again for the response. When I'm using the mouse in my room I can plug it in to keep it charged up? Is the cable long enough to make this possible? It does look a beast of a mouse! From what i have read it seems there might have been a bad batch in there somewhere. Guess I can always replace the rechargeable battery with a new one! Thanks again fella - much appreciated. :beer:

giggsy1977

Jul 27, 2007
Visit site
drichardb - thanks again for the response. When I'm using the mouse in my room I can plug it in to keep it charged up? Is the cable long enough to make this possible? It does look a beast of a mouse! From what i have read it seems there might have been a bad batch in there somewhere. Guess I can always replace the rechargeable battery with a new one! Thanks again fella - much appreciated. :beer:

A

Anonymous

Uggs have already been an expanding fashion trend going back couple of years. Each sneaker along with apparel keep you check out have got exhibits of them, your pals are generally putting them on, I believe you have a minumum of one set with your closet right this moment.cheap ugg boots
You will discover these in numerous variations and shades. These are unisex boots and can be put on through the whole family through baby, child, female, or even guy. ugg boots sale

One of several great things about Ugg boots is you have a very great number of colors to pick from.ugg boots sale
You should have a different set to go with every attire. One can choose from colours like: chestnut; suntan; green; dark; azure; so additional. You're not tied to only the normal colors any more.

A

Anonymous

Uggs have already been an expanding fashion trend going back couple of years. Each sneaker along with apparel keep you check out have got exhibits of them, your pals are generally putting them on, I believe you have a minumum of one set with your closet right this moment.cheap ugg boots
You will discover these in numerous variations and shades. These are unisex boots and can be put on through the whole family through baby, child, female, or even guy. ugg boots sale

One of several great things about Ugg boots is you have a very great number of colors to pick from.ugg boots sale
You should have a different set to go with every attire. One can choose from colours like: chestnut; suntan; green; dark; azure; so additional. You're not tied to only the normal colors any more.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts