New issue (November 2016)

matthewpiano

Picked up the new issue on the way into work this morning, and it's a bit like stepping back to the early 90s, in a very good way.

Lots of hi-fi content in there, with some great First Tests (particularly the new Mission speakers), and a very good Group Test of sub-£1k amplifiers.

I hope this level of quality continues, and I'm looking forward to reading more of it when I get home tonight.

ABOUT 'WHAT HI FI' MAGAZINE NOV 2016
If a music lover orders a nice Take Away based on a rave review he saw in ‘Hot Thai Fry’ magazine, and then when he has eaten it, finds that the same mag. says ‘it’s poison, don’t eat it’, the music lover gets very cross and won’t take the reviews seriously ever again. On a similar case just three years ago, WHF was absolutely raving about the KEF LS 50 Speakers which were considered an outstanding product that became their Standmount ‘Speaker of The Year 2013’ in the £500-£1000 price range. Today in the November 2016 issue of WHF, the LS 50’s are NOT EVEN MENTIONED in the Best Buy section although they seem to be popular with Hi Fi fans. Are WHF now saying that these KEF’s aren’t up there with the other speakers they mention as Best Buys?. I think that WHF reviews are mostly full of ******** and always have been. The moral is, just don’t believe the hype that Hi Fi magazine reviews tell you PublicFriendsOnly MeCustomGo Back

matthewpiano said:
Picked up the new issue on the way into work this morning, and it's a bit like stepping back to the early 90s, in a very good way.

Lots of hi-fi content in there, with some great First Tests (particularly the new Mission speakers), and a very good Group Test of sub-£1k amplifiers.

I hope this level of quality continues, and I'm looking forward to reading more of it when I get home tonight.
I agree, and think that the Awards issue and the preceding one (November's) get more than their share of the year's reviews. Though I'm subscribing at the moment, I always bought the Awards edition for that reason among others.

TRENDING THREADS