New Forum for Computer Based Music

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I often find it difficult to decide where to post/search threads which are related to PC audio, DACs, NAS, ripping software, audio playback software, DNLA, etc, etc, etc.

I would like to see a new independent forum added to the forums page. However, I've had a little difficulty coming up with a suitable name. How about "Audiophile Sources"? ;-)

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
I'll add it to the list for the Forum upgrade
emotion-2.gif

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Actually, given that has only been 71 viewing of this thread (to date 01/09/2008), perhaps my view isn't shared by the wider forum population?

As a side note: it might be worth posting a sticky thread in each forum covering what one would expect to see in that forum. Or is this another of my silly ideas (remember the request for a glossary on terms like transparent)?

A

Anonymous

Don't worry I'm sure it'll get used plenty. I plan to start one on users DAC reviews for a start when I can find time to write a review on my DAC's. Plenty of people come on here asking for advice on how best to play computer audio and I think this will give them a better place to start.

daveh75

PJPro:I often find it difficult to decide where to post/search threads which are related to PC audio, DACs, NAS, ripping software, audio playback software, DNLA, etc, etc, etc. I would like to see a new independent forum added to the forums page. However, I've had a little difficulty coming up with a suitable name. How about "Audiophile Sources"? ;-)

sounds like an excellent idea to me!

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
daveh75:
sounds like an excellent idea to me!

I guess it all depends to what extent people actually use this forum rather than simply taking a guess and bunging stuff in Hifi, Home Cinema, MP3/MP4 and a like.

A

Anonymous

I'll be keeping an eye on this. I like the idea of a music library on a HDD that's easily accessible. Just not decided on exactly the best way to do it yet from a technology perspective. As always with me cost will be a key driver.

TRENDING THREADS