New Floorstanders

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Been using MA RS8 recently,looking for replacements of similar value.Ported reflex in my listening room sounds overblown any offers/ ideas for transmission line replacements

A

Anonymous

Why not use the sponge damper first in the rear ports and try that - you never know. If you haven't got them still MA will send you some out free of charge - just email them.

drummerman

Jan 18, 2008
Visit site
[quote user="lukecon"]Been using MA RS8 recently,looking for replacements of similar value.Ported reflex in my listening room sounds overblown any offers/ ideas for transmission line replacements[/quote]

Agree on the port blocking. Failing that there's no guarantee that simply switching speakers to one with another loading principle will be any better in your particular room. Partnering equipment plays a role too. Perhaps you could elaborate some more ...

A

Anonymous

Also, have you tried experimenting with distance from the rear wall?

John Duncan

Hey Ig, I was trying to be subtle - plant the idea, make him think it was his own, everybody's happy.......
emotion-5.gif

A

Anonymous

I agree...you can buy a decent pair of standmounts for that money.

What amp are you using to drive the RS8's?

A

Anonymous

I too have RS8's run by an Onkyo 875. Had them for 6 weeks and they are really coming alive now.

They sound much better if placed away from walls, plugging the ports up will tone down the bass, I don't need to do this as my room is large. You need to give us all a bit more info (room size, rest of the kit, how old etc) to help you further.
All the best

A

Anonymous

I would seriously consider the Dynaudio Audience 72, which can be had brand new for c. £800 as the Exctie range is about to replace them.

Depends on your electronics as they're ruthlessly revealing, but at the same time can be absolutely awesome (I would have a listen first though as anyone who likes the metal domed MA tweeters may not have the same taste as me!). They're front ported too, so should avoid the issues you're currently experiencing.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts