New CD Player.

lbafsaj

Feb 28, 2008
Visit site
Current system is for home cinema ( Yamaha RXV 1900, Pioneer BDPLX70A, Kef IQ5SE fronts, IQ2c and IQ1 Rears with EPOS ELS Sub.

Whilst CD sound is not bad via the Pioneer and yamaha, I know I can improve things. I have a Marantz CD 63se, which improves clarity, but I know I can imrpove on this and I also dont have room on my rack for another full size piece of kit with the Sky HD box, DVD recorder, Wii and PS2........

So, very tempted to go Cyrus as the half sized unit will fit on my rack, although am concerned that the AV AMP won't show this off to it's best potential. I know I could look at adding a Cyrus Amp and hook through the Yamaha in future, but really need advice on what would be the most sensible Cyrus investment. Some good offers on Ebay, even up to the CD8SE, but I feel this will be a waste with the rest of my system, and I have no intention on changing the Kef IQ5SE's. The 6S looks tempting, or even older models such as the 7, the dad3, etc, etc.

Any advice please.......

A

Anonymous

I wouldn't go with Cyrus with your set up. If you absolutely feel the need to aesthetically fit your hifi equipment into the space you have then go for what fits best. If you want a better sounding source of music I'd just buy a DAC and plug it into your BD player.

TRENDING THREADS