New CD Player Needed!!!.

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

Want to upgrade my CD player but been out of the hi fi loop for quite a while now with kids etc but now they are growing up i can return to the joy of listening to music properly.I changed my speakers to Quad 22L floor standers a while ago and want to keep these and also my hafler pre amp and power but i think its my Marantz 63 KI CD player thats letting the side down so just wanted some ideas on the way to go i thought about a Cyrus CD6s but like a nice smooth sound so don't know if that would suit.Anyway look forward to some ideas.

thanks

Mike

A

Anonymous

There's a few Arcam FMJ32 CDPs about at the moment for about £690 delivered. That's apparently a superb player at half price due to the new range. It's very smooth and detailed. An alternative that may have a bit more verve is the Musical Fidelity XRay 8 going for about £500. Just a couple of options.

JoelSim

Aug 24, 2007
Visit site
If you want smooth you can do much worse than an Arcam. MF and Cyrus are both good but more upfront. My Arcams work well with most music but a few on this forum have criticised them for being 'unexciting'. Can't say I've noticed tho.

ÿ

T

the record spot

Consider also getting the Marantz you have modded if it's still in good nick. David Price at Hi-Fi World did such a thing and it's apparently a thing of wonder. Might mean that spending a few hundred on various mods gets you something worth considering at this stage. Just a thought.

A

Anonymous

Hi

Thanks for the replys was thinking around the £500.00 mark but mat be able to push it depends on the wife.Just seen one of these on ebay

MUSICAL FIDELITY A3 CD PLAYER

is it any good?

Mike

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

I replaced my marantz cd63se with a consonance cd-120 linear, I tried the Arcam cd73t, creek evo, marantz cd7001, 5001,6002, 6000ose, nad c542, cambridge 640c v2, rega apollo. Since you want to upgrade from your Marantz the consonance may be an option for the price. I actually preferred my marantz cd63se over the new marantz cd7001. The consonance has similar musical qualities to your old marantz (musical mids, alive, quite 3d) but i found its cleaner, more natural and open sounding.

Regards,

Steve.

stephennic

Jul 27, 2008
Visit site
Hi,

The consonance cd120 linear I might add is smoother sounding but it does need around 200-300 hours to break in though to sound its best.

Regards,

Steve.

A

Anonymous

The MF A3 is a very good player, nice and smooth. I don't know how it compares to the XRay 8 but the only factor to consider is new against used. I know where I'd put my cash.

A

Anonymous

mikebh39:
Hi

Thanks for the replys was thinking around the £500.00 mark

For £500, you should have a listen to the Rotel RCD-1072.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts