New CD player for Leema/ATC

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Although the Sonos is good for general music, I still like to use a physical disc for sitting and "listening" to the music/reading the sleeve notes etc.

I've been using a Cambridge CD5 through the DacMagic for this but my trouble-making well-meaning cousin has lent me his old Meridian 206B to compare.

I really really like the sound of the Meridian but a Google search tells me it is living on borrowed time as there are no spares available for the laser/transport.

So, looking for suggestions to audition a new CD player which will sound similar to the Meridian. Ideally with digital inputs so that the Sonos can connect through it. One option would be the Antilla 2 which is available "ex-demo" from a few places but doesn't have the digital input facility. Alternate suggestions welcome budget up to around £1500 max.

Listening to a variety of music but probably more Jazz/Female vocals than anything else.

Possibilities seem to include Cambridge 851C, Audiolab 8200, Quad Elite CDP. Could maybe include the Oppo 95 and use it for streaming instead of the Sonos in that room. Or should I carry on saving and wait for the Leema Elements CD and DAC?

What does the "team" think?

visionary

Apr 4, 2008
Visit site
Oh, and yes the cables do make a difference ;) I've only got one Chameleon Plus so the other cable in use is a Cambridge Audio one (can't remember which). Swapping them back and forth has altered my opinions :oops:

Hi visionary

If you can stretch your budget then i'll highly recommend Densen Audio Technologies B-420 XS (£1850). The B-420 XS has a coaxial digital input and fwiw, its performance can also be enhanced with Densen's optional DNRG power supply.

http://densen.dk/index.php?page=densen-b-420

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts