New cartridge or stylus for Pro-ject debut 3?

jimm

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
Having just bought my spendors speakers i did promise the wife that would be it for a while, however i do have some funds available to purchase a new cart or stylus for my turntable. I know buying a somtthing like a Rega Rp3 would be a good step up but if i came home with one this year i'm likly to be sleeping on the couch. I have £200 to spend and was thinking about buying an orforton Blue or just replacing the stylus with a om-30/40. Do you think these are over kill for my turntable? What do you think?

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
imo the 2m blue would be over kill for a project debut 3 and deserves a better turntable, I fitted a 2m red to my debut 3 replacing the original cartridge supplied and I am enjoying the benefits in better playback of my vinyl so much so that I have brought a replacement stylus as well.

*music2*

chris_bates1974

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Another vote for the 2M Red here... I fitted mine a few months ago, and it is wonderful.... Who knows, if I had it fitted by someone who wasn't doing it for the first time (!) it may even sound better!!!

chrisr1718 said:
Al ears said:
Nagaoka MP110 it is then :)

I'm with you on that one. Always had Nagaoka carts and love the sound.

They are always an alternative to the usual run-of-the-mill stuff normally fitted to budget decks and, to my ears, always sound better as an all-round cartridge. I don't like the cheaper Ortofon sound, although some do apparently, but then again they are the ones who might never have heard a well setup Nagaoka.

PS: This thread is in the wrong place....

jimm

Dec 3, 2007
Visit site
Thanks for the replies, is fitting a cartridge hard to do? I know guides are available on youtube. I am a novice and thats why i'm leaning towards buying a better stylus that just clips on. Not sure what to do?

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts