admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi

We are doing up our living room & when we do will be moving the speakers and need more cable as what I have is not long enough.

Question is really what to buy? Currently I have Chord Carnival Silver Plus into B&W Standmounts from Pioneer A6 Amp & D6 CD.

Am looking for something to make the sound warmer as treble can be a bit harsh.

Room is about 3X4M

Oh also does anyone reccomend any of those power cable upgrades???

Thanks

N

T

the record spot

If the Chord Carnival is silver as opposed to copper, then ditch the silver. Any decent, well built copper based cable will do the trick. Computergear do some fine examples and my set cost me a tenner. Less than that in fact and are the equal of Van den Hul's The Name and the Audioquest Copperhead. Both circa £65 wires and I should know as I've had both of them!

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
trs, think he's after speaker cable not interconnects. however i'd agree, some reasonably priced copper cable would do the job. something like this.

robg1976

Sep 17, 2007
Visit site
power cable questions always open up a can of worms on this forum some belive some don't. in my experience they do work. the trick is to spend a little as see for your self, for example i promise you. a Tacima mains block around £30 online makes a huge difference i have had one for years i also use russ andrews power max mains leads iec. they are around £45 each and they work great. so for around £150 for a cd amp and power 6mains block you can get a good performance gain the bass is tighter and you have a cleaner more detailed sound, and by the way russ andrews will give you your money back after a 60 day home trial so what have you got to lose. try it mate

i was going to upgrade my arcam cd73 but after fitting russ andrews cables i will be keeping it for some time
hope this helps
as for your speaker cable question, i found Black Rhodium a better choice than the chord , i tryed both, but it does depend on your system i guess.
cheers ROB

Brockie:
Hi

We are doing up our living room & when we do will be moving the speakers and need more cable as what I have is not long enough.

Question is really what to buy? Currently I have Chord Carnival Silver Plus into B&W Standmounts from Pioneer A6 Amp & D6 CD.

Am looking for something to make the sound warmer as treble can be a bit harsh.

Room is about 3X4M

Oh also does anyone reccomend any of those power cable upgrades???

Thanks

N

Hi Brockie

I would recommend generic speaker cable at a few £/m. This should do the trick nicely. Btw, i also use generic speaker cable with my Pioneer A-400.

I will also highly recommend that you use the standard mains cables supplied with the components as these will allow the electronics to breathe.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

MUSICRAFT:I will also highly recommend that you use the standard mains cables supplied with the components as these will allow the electronics to breathe

What does that mean? You always say that but I have no idea why.

carter

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:MUSICRAFT:I will also highly recommend that you use the standard mains cables supplied with the components as these will allow the electronics to breathe What does that mean? You always say that but I have no idea why.it means there out of stock of the upgrades
emotion-5.gif

T

the record spot

Craig M.:trs, think he's after speaker cable not interconnects. however i'd agree, some reasonably priced copper cable would do the job. something like this.

So he was! Same point though; silver seems to cause more ills than it cures. Good 322 strand cable will be absolutely fine in all likelihood. No need to spend nonsense money here in either case.

A

Anonymous

Im looking for white speaker cables to match our new decor.

Im using a Denon Dm37DAB matched to Tannoy F1 speakers.

Dont want to spend silly money just want half decent cables in white, can anyone reccomend any as ive looked on this site and have no idea what to get.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=speaker+cable+white&tag=googhydr-21&index=electronics&hvadid=5966009449&ref=pd_sl_389prij88h_b

bluebrazil

Jul 2, 2009
Visit site
qed silver anniversary is kinda white, chord carnival classic is also, both would be good choices with the qed probably a bit livlier if you think your system needs it.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
igglebert:MUSICRAFT:I will also highly recommend that you use the standard mains cables supplied with the components as these will allow the electronics to breathe

Because it seems the standard cables that are sent with the components just happen to be the very best mains cables money can buy for those pieces of equipment

Tangerine dream:
Im looking for white speaker cables to match our new decor.

Im using a Denon Dm37DAB matched to Tannoy F1 speakers.

Dont want to spend silly money just want half decent cables in white, can anyone reccomend any as ive looked on this site and have no idea what to get.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=speaker+cable+white&tag=googhydr-21&index=electronics&hvadid=5966009449&ref=pd_sl_389prij88h_b

Hi Tangerine dream

Standard OFC 79 strand will do the job nicely with your components and these cables also generally tend to be available in white.

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

aliEnRIK:
igglebert:MUSICRAFT:I will also highly recommend that you use the standard mains cables supplied with the components as these will allow the electronics to breathe

Because it seems the standard cables that are sent with the components just happen to be the very best mains cables money can buy for those pieces of equipment

Hi aliEnRIK

Standard mains cables are just fine
emotion-5.gif
emotion-2.gif

All the best

Rick @ Musicraft

A

Anonymous

"Standard mains cables are just fine"

Totally agree unless of course the power supply within the equipment they feed is poorly designed in which case the more "esoteric" mains cables may have some minor usefullness.

A

Anonymous

Many thanks for the feedback.
ordered the Standard OFC 79 from Amazon.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts