New Bluray player recommendation please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I need some advice please for a suitable Bluray player for my system. It will need to serve double duties for both BR video and CD music, so it needs to be reasonably “musical” too. I have a flexible budget around £1500 'ish for a BR player.

The other elements of my existing 5.1 system consist of a Yamaha RX-V3900 receiver, Tannoy Revolution Signature DC4T/ DC4/ DC4 LCR speaker combo, and an REL 305 sub. My screen is a Pioneer Kuro KRP500a (one of the last !)

Many thanks.

A

Anonymous

The Sony 5000ES blu-ray player is very musical and can be had for well under £1000 now. Also consider the Pioneer LX91, slightly better for using the second hdmi to your 500a, giving kuro link and a more direct path for blu-ray video :). I'm happy with my LX91 and only paid £1430 for it a few months back. Essential to demo if you can, preferably with your own kit.

pete321

Aug 20, 2008
Visit site
You may want to consider the Oppo BDP-831 and buy a good DAC for stereo duties. The Oppo is about £450 and has SACD/DVD-Audio capability as well. It'll play blu-rays to a high standard and will transform your DVD's with it's Anchor Bay processing chip. For CD playback use the Oppo in conjunction with a DAC, the Beresford of CA DacMagic can be purchased for around the £200 mark. Spend another £200 or so on having the DAC modded and you'll have a £1000+ equivalent DAC. Should sound great.

The benefit of going this route is you'll have a high quality DAC for use with other components either now or in the future.

hammill

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
I would wait for the upcoming reviews (as I am). I certainly would not buy an old player -blu-ray is evolving rapidly. If the oppo is as good as other sources suggest, I shall probably buy that.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts