New Bluesound Node and Powernode are fittingly well-furnished streamers

esmse

May 11, 2021
Visit site
Disappointing to see Chromecast built-in is not included. There is support for the google assistant for voice control but without Chromecast you can't add the device to an existing multiroom setup that is based on Chromecast.

I'm interested to hear about any reasoning behind that decision. Earlier it was stated that the Node 2i did not have enough resources for Chromecast but that should not be a showstopper anymore with the new node.

Seems CA and Naim are the only ones capable to create a complete streaming component with Airplay, Chromecast and Roon support.

Guy4510

May 11, 2021
Visit site
I think it is a shame it doesn't appear to support Chromecast as you suggest, however are you fully aware of how Bluesound works as your main streaming solution, especially the APP, which imo is simply best in class. Equally this fully supports MQA, which again imo is the best solution to 'Hi-Res' streaming. Obviously this isn't supported my Naim, which has always puzzled me, so I guess it's hard to find a true 'complete' component, as you suggest

Zwiri

May 20, 2021
Visit site
First of all, I like the device and certainly the amazing touchpad with the 5 presets.

On the other side, I think BlueSound does not like Google:
1. No support for Chromecast
2. There's no support for YouTube Music although that music service has the best suggestion algorithm in my opinion.
3. Google Assistant integration is also very limited:
-It only works in English (my family speaks Dutch :-( ).
- You cannot use simple language like: "Hey Google, play music in kitchen". You need to use a workaround with specific Blue Voice commands. With Sonos you can use the simple language.

On BluOs: I want to stream TV sound from my NAD T758 V3i BluOS AVR to my Powernode and that is not possible (confirmed by BlueSound). So check the limitations before you consider setting up a BluOS multiroom environment because it is quite expensive.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts