New Blu Ray

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi all, at the moment I have the Sony BD760 and while its a fine player but I would something more musical for playing CD's.

I previously had a Arcam CD92 & A80 amp & a Denon 3802 AVR amp which I had be become used to, but I sold these and got a Denon AVR 2311 for a one box solution as too many cables boxes etc., so this amp while be taking care of movies & music playing duties bi-amped by the way, any recommendations or would a DAC be another option........ main point is to claw back the loss in the music listening side of things as of now the movie side of things is far superior than previous set up.

DandyCobalt

Oct 8, 2010
Visit site
If looking for a musical blu-ray, the Cambridge Audio BD650 (universal player) should be on the list (about £399). Or the "audiophile" 751 due end Feb that is previewed on this site in the video section (five wolfson dacs etc).

A

Anonymous

Try also :-

Marantz UD5005 or 7006.

OPPO BDP 93 or 95.

I myself also having hard time deciding one (between the Marantz vs OPPO and btw the cheaper vs the more expensive model).

A

Anonymous

Dermondo,

Just a thought, have you considered adding a DAC between your amp and BD player? ie: Cambridge DAC Magic or musical fidelity VDAC?

ayjaycee

Dec 30, 2007
Visit site
Winyip, Interesting comment. Have you any direct experience to back up your suggestion? If so, please add something to the topic that I started yesterday: http://community.whathifi.com/forums/t/578492.aspx

Cheers

Dermondo

Oct 4, 2009
Visit site
Hi again, fair play to all who took the time to respond.

The new cambridge its worth considering alright and would be keen the scroll through some reviews to form an opioion, as for the OPPO and the marantz I must do a google to check these new options and as for the DAC option that to is another viable option but it might be against adding another unit to the set up, but never say never.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts