New BBC HD Channels

MrW

Aug 24, 2012
Visit site
John Duncan said:
Don't you need to do a fresh channel search for Freeview?

I've done that, and just tried again.

Now I have channel 73 (CBBC HD) and channel 105 (BBC THREE HD) but none of the others

To be honest, I'm not that fussed, as I never use the DVB-T2 tuner, as I find Freesat and SKY have a significantly better picture!

benfozard

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I've had them for a few weeks now (with the "Coming Soon" data page).

I got prompted to re-scan last night, still the same. BBC News HD came on this morning and BBC 3 HD and BBC 4 HD now show a different page today, suggesting they'll be on when programming starts this evening.

I am on a Crystal Palace repeater, I think (or the main mast).

Ben

mattytun1514

May 20, 2009
Visit site
I don't get all Freeview channels as I get my signal from a rubbish local mast but 3 miles up the road people get all Freeview channels im in the Scottish borders

chebby

Jun 2, 2008
Visit site
The BBC news item states...

"On digital terrestrial television (Freeview HD and YouView), BBC Three HD and CBBC HD will use capacity on the BBC’s existing HD multiplex, which has universal coverage of UK homes. BBC News HD, BBC Four HD and CBeebies HD will use new HD capacity, which will extend to cover 70 per cent of UK homes by the Wimbledon Championships in June 2014."

So everyone should have got BBC3 HD and CBBC HD yesterday.

But BBC4 HD and CBeebies HD will be rolled out as "new HD capacity" becomes available in your area. (70 percent of UK homes by June 2014).

So - depending on where you are - BBC4 HD could take a while.

professorhat

Dec 28, 2007
Visit site
chebby said:
So - depending on where you are - BBC4 HD could take a while.

Wondered why I couldn't find it last night - curses for moving away from London. Why couldn't BBC3 HD have been the one that was rolled out gradually? (mumble mumble mainstream youth rubbish whine grouch etc.)

mattytun1514

May 20, 2009
Visit site
I've got BBC1 BBC2 ITV CH4 all in HD plus a couple of the other HD channels on my built in HD telly so that's ok for me I never bother to watch the other channels never anything on that I like

daveh75

professorhat said:
Why couldn't BBC3 HD have been the one that was rolled out gradually? (mumble mumble mainstream youth rubbish whine grouch etc.)

At least now 3/4 have gone HD, the programming will be available in HD on iPlayer and puts an end to the ridiculous situation we've had since the demise of BBC HD to make way for BBC Two HD

Big Aura

Oct 13, 2008
Visit site
I only found these by chance on Freesat. I see the "give prominance" to non HD variants in the EPG applies to BBC 3 and 4, even though there's no statutory reason for it.

Re the bizarre reason for giving "due prominance" for the standard def channels on freesat, I would dearly love to know how many people using freesat don't have access to a HD telly... (and the "local news argument is lame too - you can put up a test card re-directing to the relevant SD channel for those that really want to see more footage of Boris Johnson wibbling).

chrisup

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
I have BBC3 HD, BBC4 HD, BBC NEWS HD and RTHD over christmas and successfully recorded programmes BB3 & BBC4 HD. All i Did was retune my Pansonic DMT BWT720 and my LG tv as well. :)

Best wishes

Chris

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts