New B&W CM9 Speakers

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there - I’m new to this site and would welcome your advice.

I’ve just bought a pair of beautiful sounding B&W CM9s and need a new amp to get the best out of them.

I understand that pre and power amps are thought to be superior but many of the higher end products I've looked at don’t have tone controls which my old ears prefer.

I have a maximum budget of £2k. Can you recommend a suitable amp?

Thanks.

ID.

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
I haven't heard the CM9s, but I have heard the old CM7s together with the Luxman. It was a beautifully natural sound, very detailed but with a rather sweet/warm sound (not clinical or fatiguing). Lovely bass (well controlled and very detailed/expressive). I didn't listen for too long, so I can't comment on the dynamics and whether the sound may be a bit laid back for some. I like the amp, but mainly listened to it with standmount speakers and enjoyed the extra speed and agility they brought. The build quality is good, but probably not quite as solid as old Luxmans.

Whether the CM9s are at all similar to the CM7s is another issue, so if possible, definitely audition.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I had CM9 for some time with me. I liked them with Rotel gear. I actually ran them with Marantz at home too but I prefer Rotel gear. The other options I tried during the audition were Musical Fidelity M6i (which I would avoid for sure), Music Hall 35.2 (better than Marantz PM-15), and I heard with Pure Sound A30 (and this paired best but it is a tube amp). Please ensure that the speakers have enough space from the walls and also as your speakers are brand new, please give them a very good amount of burn-in time.

A

Anonymous

Thanks. I will give Rotel a listen. I had them many years ago with my now defunct Mission 753s.

A

Anonymous

I've heard both the CM7's and the CM9's bi-amped with the Cyrus 6XP integrated and XPower amp and the 8XPd integrated and XPower amp and the speakers sounded absolutely superb!

The CD players were a Rega Saturn, the Cyrus 8SE and the lastest Audiolab (forgotten the model)

I was really impressed with the CM7's; plenty of clout but it was well timed and with superb, detailed midrange and treble but the CM9's were just astonishing
emotion-11.gif

A

Anonymous

Heard them with Rotel RB 1562 and RC 1550 and it was amazing.

biggus_1961

Nov 24, 2007
Visit site
i have listened to both CM7 and CM9 with the Yamaha AS2000 amp and have to say they are very good speakers in deed. There was so much bass coming out of the CM 7 i checked the rear of the amp to if a sub was conneted to it, nope, was just the Yamaha amp, yamaha cdp and cm7... a great buy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts