• If you ever spot Spam (either in the forums, or received via forum direct message) please use the Report button at the bottom of each post to make sure a Moderator can handle it quickly. Thanks for your help in keeping things running smoothly!

new arcam irdac advise

Al ears

Native_bon said:
I did try out the irdac, it is a good dac but no different from most of the dacs out there.
It rather sounds like the OP did not .................

However, as previously stated, it is not going to suddenly change it's sonic signature, unfortunately.

unsleepable

Dec 25, 2013
hybridauth_Facebook_664715932 said:
Hi all,
I have got a new irdac which has had about 6 hours of usage. I am finding the bass really really light.
Any idea why it is so?
Is it going to improve with times?

Thanks
I've got the irDac, and for a few months I've been in the hunt for a digital preamp. So I've been able to compare it side by side with a few other DACs.

I am only interested in DACs that come as neutral in reviews. Given that, I agree with the opinion stated before that DACs can sound tonally very similar to one another. In any case, I've never found that the irDac made a lighter bass than others—or a bigger one, for that matter.

What's the rest of your setup?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
IrDac/ rDac are overpriced.. and won't change sound signature.. are you sure is not broken?

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS